Forums
Posted By: pokerchamp something going on at five bars!!!!!! - 6th May 2012 8:44pm
does anyone know whats going on at the five bars?seemingly there was 5 police cars with their lights on and everybody was outside the pub!!!!!!sounds like another beating for someone!!!
Posted By: anniebo28 Re: something going on at five bars!!!!!! - 6th May 2012 9:45pm
There was a big fight in there, someone got their head stamped on as my mate was walking in. One classy establishment!
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: something going on at five bars!!!!!! - 6th May 2012 9:57pm
Terrible that
Posted By: Lightning Re: something going on at five bars!!!!!! - 6th May 2012 10:56pm
Originally Posted by anniebo28
There was a big fight in there, someone got their head stamped on as my mate was walking in. One classy establishment!
can t be that classy if that happens
Posted By: eggandchips Re: something going on at five bars!!!!!! - 7th May 2012 8:18am
to be honest, i go there quite often, ive never had any bother,
but since tommy jones gave it up, seems like they're letting the trouble makers back in

Posted By: lemonhead Re: something going on at five bars!!!!!! - 7th May 2012 8:39am
used to play darts in there, see nothing has changed, it wasnt tommy jones, tommy smythe rings a bell
Posted By: Dilly Re: something going on at five bars!!!!!! - 7th May 2012 9:16am
tommy smythe had the P A next door
Posted By: Chorizo Re: something going on at five bars!!!!!! - 7th May 2012 9:22am
Lightning you must brush up on sarcasm!
Posted By: Flash02 Re: something going on at five bars!!!!!! - 7th May 2012 10:08am
i always thought tommy smith had the 5 bars as well at least he did about 9 years ago
Posted By: eggandchips Re: something going on at five bars!!!!!! - 7th May 2012 10:47am
tommy jones took the pa on after tommy smythe, but let it go, had the bars until last year,
Posted By: Dilly Re: something going on at five bars!!!!!! - 7th May 2012 10:57am
I think Andy Cleary had the bars before TJ not Tommy Smythe
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: something going on at five bars!!!!!! - 7th May 2012 10:59am
Typical round there
Posted By: Dilly Re: something going on at five bars!!!!!! - 7th May 2012 11:04am
Tommy Kennedy ran the bars for TJ for about 12 months then he took on the PA when TJ gave it up
Posted By: WallaseyHead Re: something going on at five bars!!!!!! - 7th May 2012 12:35pm
That's a lot of Tommys.
Posted By: Paul63 Re: something going on at five bars!!!!!! - 9th May 2012 11:29am
Originally Posted by Sarah_ZR
Typical round there

Would you care to elaborate on that sweeping statement?
I was in Liscard on Saturday watching marauding youths having a mass punch up on Seaview road is that typical round there?
Headline on the front page reads "Stabbing New Brighton" is that typical?
I agree wholeheartedly that the Five Bars can be a rough pub and has always had a 'reputation' but frankly there are fights in many a public house across the Wirral on any given day and i bet you never say its typical round there.
I live in Seacombe (never have guessed would you)and dont drink in the Bars because of that pubs reputation, i also dont drink in a number of pubs around Wallasey/Wirral area but its not because its 'typical of that area its because i dont like those individual pubs. If you meant to get a rise then well done as i have now missed my dinner in work (yes even though i live in Seacombe)typing this reply out!
Posted By: Chopper1979 Re: something going on at five bars!!!!!! - 9th May 2012 3:17pm
Whether you like it or not Paul63, Sarah is making a comment that we all think- face it, that area is not nice... I should know as I was a taxi driver and if you are looking for thugs and anti socials that is one of the hot spots- I don't live in a nice area and I admit it but unfortunately unless you have money to choose where you reside you cannot avoid these yobs- even if you do live in a nice area there can still be trouble but a lot less of it, fact. The frustration of poverty and low family values make an area and sadly that part of the wirral falls into that bracket (not all obviously before people jump down my neck!)
Posted By: starman Re: something going on at five bars!!!!!! - 9th May 2012 3:27pm
yes chopper you maybe right, but the five bars is still open for trading. and has not been forced to close and not all people who live in seacombe are scumbags!i would like to know where you live chooper,or do you live up to your name??
Posted By: JaseB Re: something going on at five bars!!!!!! - 9th May 2012 3:28pm
Originally Posted by Chopper1979
Whether you like it or not Paul63, Sarah is making a comment that we all think- face it, that area is not nice... I should know as I was a taxi driver and if you are looking for thugs and anti socials that is one of the hot spots- I don't live in a nice area and I admit it but unfortunately unless you have money to choose where you reside you cannot avoid these yobs- even if you do live in a nice area there can still be trouble but a lot less of it, fact. The frustration of poverty and low family values make an area and sadly that part of the wirral falls into that bracket (not all obviously before people jump down my neck!)

Yes, unfortunately my mother-in-law was brought up round this area in Seacombe a good 70 years ago, and she thought (because of dementia) it was still the same as it was despite our trying to tell her different. She is in a much better place now, united with her loved ones, so her time back in “paradise” was very limited.

Not to sound snobbish, but something really needs doing, problem is nobody will stand up and be counted.
Posted By: Zimmer Re: something going on at five bars!!!!!! - 9th May 2012 4:01pm
It's all getting a bit off topic but, all I believe 'it' comes down to, is the job situation. As more places close their doors to workers you'll find that crime, in one form or another, increases.

Unfortunately things aren't going to get much better any time soon, the 'hot spots' will get hotter and new hot spots will probably spring up as further companies close their doors too

We've all been witness to this truth of late...

But hey, here's to hoping eh! :-/ :-)
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: something going on at five bars!!!!!! - 9th May 2012 7:04pm
Originally Posted by Zimmer
It's all getting a bit off topic but, all I believe 'it' comes down to, is the job situation. As more places close their doors to workers you'll find that crime, in one form or another, increases.

Unfortunately things aren't going to get much better any time soon, the 'hot spots' will get hotter and new hot spots will probably spring up as further companies close their doors too

We've all been witness to this truth of late...

But hey, here's to hoping eh! :-/ :-)

True Zimmer but that areas always been like that, i know because i was one of those muppets riding round with mates on crossers, driving cars at 16, we had a "den" in the back of the suite shop on poulton rd with electric heating etc where we dossed in the winter.
There used to be brick fights with woodside gangs and alsorts, it aint changed, it's just publicised more thanks to the net wink

Oh EDIT, and i aint from seacombe, cheers, used to like hangin round there and gettin chased by the bizzies smile
Posted By: starman Re: something going on at five bars!!!!!! - 10th May 2012 5:55am
hi ste what what made you do all them things you said you done? you do not seem like that type at all,!!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral