Forums
Posted By: Upasaka Chopper over Thors Way, Rock Ferry - 21st Apr 2012 10:04pm
We had the police helicopter out, over Rock Ferry, on our estate, earlier..

Then riot vans, dogs and armed response.

Locals say shooting, or someone held at gun point, in the close behind the flats, opposite the Vikes youth club, on Thors way...

I went out, amongst the commotion. Spoke to a very nice wpc. Asked her if it was true over guns/armed response/shooting.. Told me, very politely, "no comment"

Dunno what's going on.. Anybody know anything else???
Posted By: linlinny1 Re: Chopper over Thors Way, Rock Ferry - 21st Apr 2012 10:06pm
Hi check the local news section, a lot was said in the thread on there, can't copy the link sorry, on an iPad and have no idea how
Posted By: Upasaka Re: Chopper over Thors Way, Rock Ferry - 21st Apr 2012 10:09pm
On iPad too, and didn't see the other link :-)
Worrying, all the same :-(
Posted By: sarahdavo Re: Chopper over Thors Way, Rock Ferry - 21st Apr 2012 10:19pm
ive just read on facebook, bout a shooting in rock ferry, but dont know if this is factual, ther seems to have been armed police about

Posted By: Upasaka Re: Chopper over Thors Way, Rock Ferry - 21st Apr 2012 10:24pm
All quiet now..
Police gone..
Posted By: chipbutty Re: Chopper over Thors Way, Rock Ferry - 21st Apr 2012 10:24pm
Posted By: Upasaka Re: Chopper over Thors Way, Rock Ferry - 21st Apr 2012 10:25pm
I can confirm armed response and dogs..
This is less than a hundred yards from my house :-(
Posted By: turnip Re: Chopper over Thors Way, Rock Ferry - 22nd Apr 2012 8:45am
There was an armed siege. I only know because we requested the heli to assist with a missing person and it was busy with the siege.
Posted By: ChrisNewcastle Re: Chopper over Thors Way, Rock Ferry - 22nd Apr 2012 8:36pm
I used to live in Thorsway before I came to Newcastle,My family and friends are all still living locally and they are saying it was an armed siege,hostage situation?
Posted By: Upasaka Re: Chopper over Thors Way, Rock Ferry - 23rd Apr 2012 11:30am
That is what's being said locally, mate..
© Wirral-Wikiwirral