Forums
Posted By: helenb234 possible incident - 29th Feb 2012 9:37pm
Anyone know what's going on in prenton (prenton hall road area) lots of police cars and road blocked off also helicopter is up
Posted By: DodgyDave Re: possible incident - 29th Feb 2012 9:42pm
That would make sense seeing as about 4 police cars shot past singleton ave, someone said raid at the old Barrys aka McColls.
Posted By: BennyBoy Re: possible incident - 29th Feb 2012 9:46pm
There is a car which has been taped off on the corner of prenton dell road. They may have left the car and ran or it.there must be at least 20 polic cars driving round. There are police as well with torches searching gardens..there are a lot of people stood around as well. Seems quite serious
Posted By: Rickie_Robbo Re: possible incident - 29th Feb 2012 9:52pm
been told a shop has been done. maybe they didnt manage to get away ? crashed and decamped? :S
Posted By: Rickie_Robbo Re: possible incident - 29th Feb 2012 9:55pm
now i have just been told by someone who lives near it that apparently there's been a stabbing. my mum's just drove past and the car is just in the middle of the road. not crashed or anything.
Posted By: Wheels Re: possible incident - 29th Feb 2012 9:56pm
Helicopter is out now
Posted By: helen82 Re: possible incident - 29th Feb 2012 9:56pm
just been in prenton Apparently Barrys where raided. The police where interviewing my friend. They caught the someone in a car who apparently had the money and another lad was seen running up woodchurch road. The police are everywhere blocking off each road.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: possible incident - 29th Feb 2012 9:56pm
doesn`t matter.

Sounds bad.
Posted By: helen82 Re: possible incident - 29th Feb 2012 10:02pm
there was no stabbing as far as Im aware. The was no ambulance. The car taped off was the car they caught one of them in.
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: possible incident - 29th Feb 2012 10:15pm
Lol seriously

Why rob barrys?

This shop has been getting robbed, smashes in to the lot since I was a kid

I mean I know times are hard but no need to feel the need to steel all the beans and fruit and veg

Bangon on this shop

Been going on for years so nothing new to the holmlands
Posted By: sean Re: possible incident - 29th Feb 2012 10:29pm
i live right by barry's, the w4nkers better hadn't tread on my new lawn
Posted By: dodie Re: possible incident - 29th Feb 2012 10:32pm
on melford dr going up w.church rd up asda way helicopter
Posted By: jen8505 Re: possible incident - 29th Feb 2012 10:36pm
I was wondering what all the blue lights at junction 3 roundabout were about. I hope this is the same gang that has been doing them all and it puts a stop to it!
Posted By: mrsmonroe Re: possible incident - 29th Feb 2012 10:43pm
People are claiming a stabbing on Woodchurch rd also! dont give much credit to it unless anyone knows otherwise.

I wonder if the local paper will print this recent event?.....doubt it!
Posted By: lemonhead Re: possible incident - 29th Feb 2012 10:45pm
Originally Posted by sean
i live right by barry's, the w4nkers better hadn't tread on my new lawn

love it mate raftl raftl

hope the police have caught the gang going round robbin all the other shops, we might be safe to go out now, and sleep in our beds, prison is to good for them
Posted By: marvelwear Re: possible incident - 29th Feb 2012 10:52pm
Jjust seen the chopper going back towards liverpool?22:35,either caught or given up, sleep well, dont have nightmares
Posted By: Sanchez Re: possible incident - 1st Mar 2012 12:12am
Just been around in circle trying to go up woodchurch from prenton hall, police were packing up and there was a scientific support unit at the car on the corner of prenton dell.
Posted By: jonno40 Re: possible incident - 1st Mar 2012 7:38am
Mersey Mag....CLICK ME

2 MEN ARRESTED
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: possible incident - 1st Mar 2012 10:07am
http://www.wirralnews.co.uk/wirral-...dium=facebook&utm_source=twitterfeed
Police launch manhunt after armed raid on Prenton newsagent

Mar 1 2012 By John Siddle

SCORES of homes were cordoned off by police as they hunted for armed robbers fleeing a raid on a Merseyside newsagent.

The gang struck at around 9pm yesterday at McColl’s in Holmlands Drive, Prenton.

Police who were called the scene arrested two suspects and launched a manhunt for the other raiders.

Around midnight, Holmlands Drive and Woodchurch Road were closed off, with traffic diverted down Prenton Hall Road.

It was understood armed police were searching gardens for an unknown number of offenders.

An Audi suspected of being involved in the raid on the newsagent was seized.

Shocked members of staff were still stood outside the shop as the police hunt went on.

One resident said: "The McColl’s was robbed and they sped away in an Audi. The police seized that car.

"Apparently they have got two people but the others made a run for it.

"The police have searched gardens and the helicopter has circled overhead."

Forensic officers were on the scene combing for clues.

Call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.

It does look a bit as if it has been one gang doing all the robberies recently and if that is the case then Well Done Mersey Police for catching the little scrotes
Posted By: jen8505 Re: possible incident - 1st Mar 2012 12:07pm
Just been on heart radio that 3 men have been arrested. One had a knife, another a hand gun. Looks like they may have caught the gang! Finally a job well done!
Posted By: pegsgirl Re: possible incident - 1st Mar 2012 12:58pm
What the hell is happening to our lovely Wirral. All theses robberies lately. Scary!! Hope who ever they caught are all the same gang and will put an end to all this crime. And let Wirral get back to normal.
Posted By: jessiikahh Re: possible incident - 1st Mar 2012 1:08pm
Originally Posted by pegsgirl
What the hell is happening to our lovely Wirral. All theses robberies lately. Scary!! Hope who ever they caught are all the same gang and will put an end to all this crime. And let Wirral get back to normal.

agree with you there.. let people feel safe in their home town..

me myself im actually scared to go out on my own with all this crime going on everywhere..

just hope they get what they deserve
© Wirral-Wikiwirral