Forums
Posted By: MattLFC Incident on Old Chester Road - 21st Feb 2012 7:55am
The road closed by police outside Co-op and Gladstone Medical Centre.

Looks like it could be a body found, don't know anything as yet though. Not a crash or anything.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Incident on Old Chester Road - 21st Feb 2012 8:03am
Photo's.

And now some clever dick bus driver has got his bus lodged on the corner at the end of Crofton Road and nobody can get anywhere everyone reversing looooool...

Attached picture wikiwirral01.jpg
Attached picture wikiwirral02.jpg
Posted By: NJC1971 Re: Incident on Old Chester Road - 21st Feb 2012 8:04am
It's just been on radio news. 42 year old man beaten up last night by mersey park.
Posted By: Schuu Re: Incident on Old Chester Road - 21st Feb 2012 8:11am
Hopefully person or persons injured will be alright,

Wonder if I will be able to sneak up Well Lane to drop the kids off at school.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Incident on Old Chester Road - 21st Feb 2012 8:12am
Yeah you can get through Well Lane. Can get through the road opposite Gladstone Medical Centre that leads towards the school, I diverted via it lol.
Posted By: zooky Re: Incident on Old Chester Road - 21st Feb 2012 8:19am
I just found out the man was beaten to death .
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Incident on Old Chester Road - 21st Feb 2012 8:19am
Overheard a shop owner speaking to the police - his store is closed as part of the crime scene.

Police are unable to release details at the moment as to what has happened (to the public at least).

smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Incident on Old Chester Road - 21st Feb 2012 8:26am
The poor lollipop man that usually works outside the co-op is walking around aimlessly, looks like a lost puppy...
Posted By: Schuu Re: Incident on Old Chester Road - 21st Feb 2012 8:28am
Originally Posted by MattLFC
Yeah you can get through Well Lane. Can get through the road opposite Gladstone Medical Centre that leads towards the school, I diverted via it lol.

Thanks Matt smile
Posted By: Flash02 Re: Incident on Old Chester Road - 21st Feb 2012 8:29am
jesus think i will leave walking the dog in mersey park tonight!! i was there at 11.30 last night
Posted By: oneofthree Re: Incident on Old Chester Road - 21st Feb 2012 8:34am
Just this second been on Radio Merseyside, no mention of anyone dead, perhaps some people ought not jump the gun?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Incident on Old Chester Road - 21st Feb 2012 8:35am
Don't think anyone has; someone did post that a news report mentioned a body of a 42 year old, presumably not Radio Merseyside though.

Police not said anything, and can't tell anything; they are waiting for CID at present.
Posted By: lemonhead Re: Incident on Old Chester Road - 21st Feb 2012 8:59am
he matt, i live down by grenville road and couldnt get through this morning, hope no1 has died
Posted By: rocks Re: Incident on Old Chester Road - 21st Feb 2012 9:04am
me and tc were coming back from the tunnel talk at midnight and seen the police but they had only taped off by where that green sheet is in the photo at that time and we didnt see anybody laying on the floor. iv just looked out of the window and seen tape across the end of our road i wonder if we'll have to check in and out with cops like i had to do the last time we had a murder, its getting bad around here lately
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Incident on Old Chester Road - 21st Feb 2012 9:12am
SOCO are at the scene now from the looks of things, just been lifting/photographing the tarpaulin, not something I will take a photo of though for obvious reasons.

Attached picture DSCF8648b.jpg
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Incident on Old Chester Road - 21st Feb 2012 9:19am
not something I will take a photo of though for obvious reasons.

Rolls eyes. Less of the fake privacy concerns Matt, go ask them to let you in dude and get some snaps taken.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Incident on Old Chester Road - 21st Feb 2012 9:24am
Haha nah tbh, I don't think there'd be anything much to see under there, maybe a weapon or something, who knows?? They seem to be very blazay about it, a friend said they have been around since about 0600, SOCO only arrived at just after 0900, one would like to think if it was more serious the response would have been better lol.

Still no news so can't say anything anyway.
Posted By: rocks Re: Incident on Old Chester Road - 21st Feb 2012 9:24am
im amazed the van that cleans the entry has been allowed to do their job with the area being a crime scene and theres no gate on our entry so its a drug dealers/crims heaven at the best of times
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Incident on Old Chester Road - 21st Feb 2012 9:28am
Within the crime scene itself, nobody has been allowed to enter; a special was screaming at a woman before to get out of the area, when she turned round and showed her back (had a black police jacket on with a blue sign on the back but in her own clothes lol).
Posted By: Fezza Re: Incident on Old Chester Road - 21st Feb 2012 9:29am
My partner walked past last night at 8:30 and somebody was being seen to on the ground, apparently they had been punched. I went past at 10:00 and nothing was there? So something must happened to the person later for them to then close the road,
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Incident on Old Chester Road - 21st Feb 2012 9:33am
I went past at 2230 and there was nothing out of the ordinary, people in the bus stop (the same people who are always there at that time, a young couple).

On the plus-side, it does not "appear" to be a body from what I can see, the tarpaulin is also pulled back and whatever is underneath is exposed for all to see.
Posted By: Fezza Re: Incident on Old Chester Road - 21st Feb 2012 9:41am
“Apparently” somebody was punched and hit head on the floor? “Apparently”
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Incident on Old Chester Road - 21st Feb 2012 9:48am
They have a good cause for an civil claim there, what stupid council put a pavement in the way of their head? tease
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Incident on Old Chester Road - 21st Feb 2012 9:51am
Originally Posted by ex0__
They have a good cause for an civil claim there, what stupid council put a pavement in the way of their head? tease

Knowing the claim-culture in this country, they'd probably get it as well.

I remember the woman from Lithuania who got paid out because a small tree branch in a London park fell on her head. Twas on that fraud investigators, in the end the council paid out iirc.

And then there was the gentleman, who got a payout because he cut himself shaving raftl
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Incident on Old Chester Road - 21st Feb 2012 10:04am
Some old guy just walked right through the crime scene. Must be deaf, because he didn't hear the 3 plod screaming at him (and presumably didn't notice the police tape when he limboed under it).

laugh
Posted By: jen8505 Re: Incident on Old Chester Road - 21st Feb 2012 10:20am
No one dead but critically ill. I'm surprised noone has posted the link yet

http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/9543106.Man_critically_ill_after_assault_in_Birkenhead/
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Incident on Old Chester Road - 21st Feb 2012 10:20am
Originally Posted by Wirral Globe
A MAN is critically ill in hospital following an assault in Old Chester Road in Birkenhead last night.

The road was closed both ways between St Paul's Road and Downham Road from 5.30am today.

Source: http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/9543106.Man_critically_ill_after_assault_in_Birkenhead/
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Incident on Old Chester Road - 21st Feb 2012 10:21am
Originally Posted by jen8505
No one dead but critically ill. I'm surprised noone has posted the link yet

http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/9543106.Man_critically_ill_after_assault_in_Birkenhead/

Twas only posted within the last few minutes (10:13 according to the report).

wink
Posted By: jen8505 Re: Incident on Old Chester Road - 21st Feb 2012 10:25am
Sorry. Didn't look at the time it was put on. Just saw it and posted the link before more rumours could be put
Posted By: AR_One Re: Incident on Old Chester Road - 21st Feb 2012 10:29am
Grrr, place names again Wirral Globe our LOCAL paper - Tranmere or Rock Ferry yes - Birkenhead NO!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Incident on Old Chester Road - 21st Feb 2012 10:31am
One and the same to most people, think you're being a touch pedantic there.

smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Incident on Old Chester Road - 21st Feb 2012 10:37am
According to Royal Mail:

Gladstone Medical Centre
241-243 Old Chester Road
BIRKENHEAD
CH42 3TD

Source - http://www.postoffice.co.uk/postcode-finder

Attached picture gmc.jpg
Posted By: Wench Re: Incident on Old Chester Road - 21st Feb 2012 10:45am
BBC Twitter feed has flashed up that a 13yr old boy has been arrested over it. Can't put the source up as it's not on their site yet but this is their feed:

BBC Twitter Feed

Posted By: MattLFC Re: Incident on Old Chester Road - 21st Feb 2012 10:48am
This should point out the tweet - https://twitter.com/#!/BBCNews/status/171905484243210240

Good spot Jaci, very interesting!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Incident on Old Chester Road - 21st Feb 2012 10:51am
The Globe have updated their report:

A MAN is critically ill in hospital following an assault in Birkenhead last night.

Police say the 42-year-old man was involved in a verbal altercation with a gang of youths at the junction of Old Chester Road and Tudor Road shortly before the assault at around 8.20pm.

The victim was taken to Arrowe Park Hospital and later transferred to Walton Neurological Centre.

A 13-year-old boy has been arrested in connection with the incident, but a police investigation continues because it is believed an older person may have been involved in the assault.

Witnesses can call police on 0151 777 2264 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.

Amazing, I went past at circa 22:30 and there was nothing out of the ordinary. They took their time to class it as a crime scene lol...

Source: http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/9543106.Man_critically_ill_after_assault_in_Birkenhead/
Posted By: oneofthree Re: Incident on Old Chester Road - 21st Feb 2012 10:55am
You're quite right, that is the postal address however The WIRRAL Globe should be aware of the area it covers and it's reporters should know the various boroughs of that area. This incident happened in Rock Ferry.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Incident on Old Chester Road - 21st Feb 2012 11:00am
Originally Posted by oneofthree
You're quite right, that is the postal address however The WIRRAL Globe should be aware of the area it covers and it's reporters should know the various boroughs of that area. This incident happened in Rock Ferry.

Maybe it's incase they populate it to other websites (Newsquest own quite a few papers around the northwest).

Don't matter too much though lol.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Incident on Old Chester Road - 21st Feb 2012 11:01am
TV camera's have arrived.
Posted By: oneofthree Re: Incident on Old Chester Road - 21st Feb 2012 11:03am
Fair point but as a proud Wirralian I don't like to see such amalgamation of our proud boroughs!!

All joking aside, I believe the chap involved is critical, let's hope we are not soon offering our condolences to his family....
Posted By: jen8505 Re: Incident on Old Chester Road - 21st Feb 2012 11:05am
Some 13 year old to do that to a 42 year old man! I hope they get the other person involved. Some sick people out there!
Posted By: Fezza Re: Incident on Old Chester Road - 21st Feb 2012 11:05am
Its just been on the news, man 42 was punched and has now been taken to Walton neurological unit in a serious condition

sorry didnt read latest posts
Posted By: AR_One Re: Incident on Old Chester Road - 21st Feb 2012 11:08am
Originally Posted by Fezza
Its just been on the news, man 42 was punched and has now been taken to Walton neurological unit in a serious condition

sorry didnt read latest posts

That's not good frown
Posted By: oneofthree Re: Incident on Old Chester Road - 21st Feb 2012 11:12am
It sounds like he's hit his head on the pavement although I spoke to a taxi driver earlier who claims he dropped a lady off in RF and she told him there was a car load of adults involved.....conjecture of course...
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Incident on Old Chester Road - 21st Feb 2012 11:25am
Maybe a bit more clarity from the BBC;

A 42-year-old man was severely injured when he was punched to the ground following a row with a group of youths in Wirral.

Police believe the incident took place near Tudor Road and Old Chester Road, Rock Ferry, on Monday.

A man is thought to have intervened and punched the victim who then fell and hit his head. He is now being treated at Walton Neurosurgical Unit.

A 13-year-old boy has been arrested in connection with the incident.

Detectives are asking witnesses to come forward, in particular the youths involved in the original argument.

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-17113380
Posted By: Silverback Re: Incident on Old Chester Road - 21st Feb 2012 11:31am
Maybe a bit more clarity from the BBC;

A 42-year-old man was severely injured when he was punched to the ground following a row with a group of youths in Wirral.

Police believe the incident took place near Tudor Road and Old Chester Road, Rock Ferry, on Monday.

A man is thought to have intervened and punched the victim who then fell and hit his head. He is now being treated at Walton Neurosurgical Unit.

A 13-year-old boy has been arrested in connection with the incident.

Detectives are asking witnesses to come forward, in particular the youths involved in the original argument.

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-17113380

Maybe daddy didn't like someone interfering with his son's anti social behaviour.

Posted By: MattLFC Re: Incident on Old Chester Road - 21st Feb 2012 11:37am
Road is now being re-opened, traffic should be flowing again in 5 minutes.

smile
Posted By: donni Re: Incident on Old Chester Road - 21st Feb 2012 11:40am
The chavs of today have never heard of respect. It's these little scumbags that drag our town down.
Posted By: DeanoBirko Re: Incident on Old Chester Road - 21st Feb 2012 1:16pm
Feral youths run the streets.
Posted By: toffeehater Re: Incident on Old Chester Road - 21st Feb 2012 1:19pm
Has the road opened yet?
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Incident on Old Chester Road - 21st Feb 2012 1:21pm
Originally Posted by toffeehater
Has the road opened yet?
open now mate
Posted By: yewgarth Re: Incident on Old Chester Road - 21st Feb 2012 1:53pm

Tactless! thumbsdown
Posted By: Chorizo Re: Incident on Old Chester Road - 21st Feb 2012 2:04pm
Originally Posted by yewgarth

Tactless! thumbsdown

withthat
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Incident on Old Chester Road - 21st Feb 2012 2:16pm
Unconfirmed "pub talk" but apparently the 13 year old was a member of a "scooter gang" the kind you push along by kicking your feet. He swung it at the 42 year old striking him on the head which caused the injurys.

Info came from someone who frequents one of the pubs on the Old Chester Road....
Posted By: zooky Re: Incident on Old Chester Road - 21st Feb 2012 2:25pm
The police told the shop just by it and they telling eveyone the man was dead i hope to god he isnt
Posted By: zooky Re: Incident on Old Chester Road - 21st Feb 2012 2:27pm
The police told the shop just by it and they telling eveyone the man was dead i hope to god he isnt
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Incident on Old Chester Road - 21st Feb 2012 2:30pm
police just knocked on the door so see if we had seen anything?

it was youths and the chap is very ill in hospital as type frown
Posted By: Lightning Re: Incident on Old Chester Road - 21st Feb 2012 2:36pm
Thers no respect thease days, hope they are dealt with.
Posted By: red40 Re: Incident on Old Chester Road - 21st Feb 2012 5:07pm
Another arrest in connection with the assault. An 18 year old local to the area.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/live...ck-puts-man-in-hospital-100252-30374256/
© Wirral-Wikiwirral