Forums
Posted By: Magicmel St Josephs in Seacombe - 20th Feb 2012 11:57am
Hi,

Just driven past the st josephs, the joeys in Seacombe round the corner from the Sandbank, four police vehicles outside, police tape around the area.
Hope no one is hurt no idea whats happening, anyone know xx
Posted By: jessiikahh Re: St Josephs in Seacombe - 20th Feb 2012 11:59am
i have just heard the helicopter in wallasey im in union street

i dont know weather this has anything to do with it but maybe..

but i havent a clue whats happened though sorry i couldnt be any help
Posted By: muddypaws Re: St Josephs in Seacombe - 20th Feb 2012 8:57pm
I have been trying everywhere to find out whats happened there,i was at the Tesco on the corner, but unfortunately no one knows anything,so it just might be very serious....might be??
Posted By: misssparky Re: St Josephs in Seacombe - 20th Feb 2012 9:36pm
Two lads in baseball caps, robbing somewhere/one. Not sure who, what, where...(That's all I know.) A friend was on opposite side of the road and witnessed the car speeding off after smashing into vehicles to get away. He was questioned by police (as a witness)
Helicopter was apparently for this incident as well as a good few police cars .
Posted By: Tanzi Re: St Josephs in Seacombe - 21st Feb 2012 12:19am
My Daughter works in the Joeys .. her answer was 'Yes, there was a robbery at the joeys. Anne is fine and no one was hurt.' that was all i managed to get before her phone rang again.
lol .. guess she was getting asked alot lol
Posted By: NJC1971 Re: St Josephs in Seacombe - 21st Feb 2012 9:40am
http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/9...ammer_during_robbery_in_Wirral_car_park/

frown
Posted By: Schuu Re: St Josephs in Seacombe - 21st Feb 2012 9:41am
In the Wirral Globe now - I assume this is the same incident.

http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/9...ammer_during_robbery_in_Wirral_car_park/
Posted By: oneofthree Re: St Josephs in Seacombe - 21st Feb 2012 11:51am
Obviously after the weekend takings....looks like they had it pretty well planned.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: St Josephs in Seacombe - 21st Feb 2012 12:05pm
What's going on lately?

Armed robberies, stabbings, people being assaulted and a girl found dead in woodside ferry terminal confused
Posted By: jen8505 Re: St Josephs in Seacombe - 21st Feb 2012 3:08pm
exactly what i sent to a friend earlier ste, its going mad! Never known so much happen around here!
Posted By: Magicmel Re: St Josephs in Seacombe - 21st Feb 2012 3:10pm
Thanks just glad that everyone is ok xx
Posted By: Xan_Asmodi Re: St Josephs in Seacombe - 21st Feb 2012 10:01pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_
What's going on lately?

Armed robberies, stabbings, people being assaulted and a girl found dead in woodside ferry terminal confused

This is what happens when social deprivation rises, people lose their jobs and times get hard. I'm not excusing this, but it seems like a pattern
Posted By: muddypaws Re: St Josephs in Seacombe - 21st Feb 2012 10:18pm
Just read this in the Mersey Magazine........
MOTHER AND SON CONFRONTED BY HAMMER WIELDING GANG IN SEACOMBE
Published February 21, 2012

Detectives are appealing for witnesses following an armed robbery in Seacombe yesterday morning (Monday, February 20)

Officers were called to Wheatland Lane shortly after 10.35am after receiving a report that two men, armed with a knife and a hammer, had threatened a woman and her son to hand over a quantity of cash in the carpark of St Joseph’s social club.

Neither were hurt in the incident but were left very shaken.

The offenders are described as aged around 19 and 20, one was wearing a black hooded top with lighter coloured bottoms while the other was wearing a grey hooded top. Both men had their faces covered with scarves.

They left in a red Vauxhall Astra in the direction of Liscard Road and into Eaton Avenue where they abandoned this car and got into a dark coloured vehicle, possibly another Vauxhall Astra, colliding with a couple of parked vehicles as it left the scene at speed.

Officers are appealing to anyone who may have seen three or possibly four people in this car around that time, or anyone acting suspiciously in a red Vauxhall Astra in the area at around 9.15am to call them.

CCTV is being examined, forensic analysis carried out and house-to-house enquiries conducted.

DS Mark Watson said: “We are particularly keen to speak to anyone who saw up to four people in either a dark coloured Astra or a red Astra in the area leading up to the incident or immediately after.

“We take incidents of this nature extremely seriously and appeal to the community to come forward with information that could help us with this investigation and see these offenders put behind bars.”

Anyone with any information is asked to call Merseyside Police on 0151 777 2265, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: St Josephs in Seacombe - 21st Feb 2012 10:37pm
I understand your comment and it is how it is unfortunatly but what happened to (cut your cloth accordingly )? or is that too easy ?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral