Forums
Posted By: sneakypete Armed Robbery at the co-op on the Wiend - 19th Feb 2012 10:04pm
anyone heard about armed robbery at the co-op on the wiend? helicopters are out after them
Posted By: Brass Re: Armed Robbery at the co-op on the Wiend - 19th Feb 2012 10:16pm
is that the one by tranmere
Posted By: sneakypete Re: Armed Robbery at the co-op on the Wiend - 19th Feb 2012 10:19pm
yes tranmere mate
Posted By: mollydolly Re: Armed Robbery at the co-op on the Wiend - 19th Feb 2012 10:22pm
The Wiend is closer to Bebington than Tranmere
Posted By: starakita Re: Armed Robbery at the co-op on the Wiend - 19th Feb 2012 10:36pm
Its by us the helicopter has not long gone.One of the girls said its been happening a lot the police were keeping watch about 3 weeks ago.
Posted By: scadaking Re: Armed Robbery at the co-op on the Wiend - 19th Feb 2012 10:39pm
is this not the stabbing incident on Dacre hill that the helecoter is up for? heard one of the neighbours saying the Co-op had been robbed though...what a nice evening in tranmere
Posted By: 1971efc Re: Armed Robbery at the co-op on the Wiend - 19th Feb 2012 11:04pm
Heard that lad that got stamped on outside yates has died as well.. This town is getting worse and worse
Posted By: lansyp Re: Armed Robbery at the co-op on the Wiend - 19th Feb 2012 11:06pm
people need to start fearing the law ,and the police its becoming like the bronxx
Posted By: lansyp Re: Armed Robbery at the co-op on the Wiend - 19th Feb 2012 11:07pm
dacre hill is apparently natural causes !
Posted By: Lil_bird Re: Armed Robbery at the co-op on the Wiend - 19th Feb 2012 11:43pm
My friend has put on her fbk status that she cannot believe her son was held at gunpoint while the till was robbed, this is about the Co-op on the wiend according to peoples comments
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Armed Robbery at the co-op on the Wiend - 20th Feb 2012 1:26am
It's awfull all this

Be scared to walk out your own door to go the asda soon
Posted By: pegsgirl Re: Armed Robbery at the co-op on the Wiend - 20th Feb 2012 7:11am
There are 2 weinds. One in bebington and one in tranmere. The robbery incident was at the coop on the weind Tranmere.
Posted By: Flash02 Re: Armed Robbery at the co-op on the Wiend - 20th Feb 2012 7:46am
Originally Posted by 1971efc
Heard that lad that got stamped on outside yates has died as well.. This town is getting worse and worse

no one got stamped on, punched once falling back and hit head!
Posted By: helfire Re: Armed Robbery at the co-op on the Wiend - 20th Feb 2012 9:27am
According to local gossip there was a murder on the Birkett estate last night, not Dacre Hill, been told it was in Prentice Road, my daughter lives in Birkett Road and I am on Bebington Road itself. Does anyone know anymore about this??
Posted By: shar215 Re: Armed Robbery at the co-op on the Wiend - 20th Feb 2012 10:06am
Originally Posted by helfire
According to local gossip there was a murder on the Birkett estate last night, not Dacre Hill, been told it was in Prentice Road, my daughter lives in Birkett Road and I am on Bebington Road itself. Does anyone know anymore about this??
yea gossip ..or just stupid facebook once again
Posted By: chriskay Re: Armed Robbery at the co-op on the Wiend - 20th Feb 2012 10:16am
Re. location. As far as I remember, there are no shops at all on the Wiend, Tranmere, only houses. The shops are along the short stretch of Mount Rd. and the Co-Op, which incidentally I used to queue at in the days of rationing during the war, is on the corner of Borough Rd. X

Attached picture wiend.jpg
Posted By: 1971efc Re: Armed Robbery at the co-op on the Wiend - 20th Feb 2012 10:21am
Originally Posted by Flash02

punched stamped whats the difference?? At the end of the day dead is still dead
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Armed Robbery at the co-op on the Wiend - 20th Feb 2012 10:30am

Uh the difference is public perception is that stamping on someone is very bad, kinda like a gang beating up someone. Punching is more acceptable, more like a duel between two gentlemen of fine stature.
Posted By: kimpri Re: Armed Robbery at the co-op on the Wiend - 20th Feb 2012 10:31am
wikiofftopic
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Armed Robbery at the co-op on the Wiend - 20th Feb 2012 10:34am
Sorry, how was that off topic?
Posted By: LFC12 Re: Armed Robbery at the co-op on the Wiend - 20th Feb 2012 10:45am
Originally Posted by Flash02

It's not the same whatsoever. It was an unfortunate accident. I'm sure the victim's family are on here and musn't want to see all kind of rumours flying about.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Armed Robbery at the co-op on the Wiend - 20th Feb 2012 12:51pm
Originally Posted by ex0__
Sorry, how was that off topic?

It was off-topic because it had nothing to do with "Armed Robbery at the co-op on the Wiend". (But you were not the only one off-topic: don't take it personally, but you did ask the question).
Posted By: AR_One Re: Armed Robbery at the co-op on the Wiend - 20th Feb 2012 1:01pm
In the Globe now:

http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/9541324.Armed_robbers_threaten_workers_with_gun/

strange how the local media keep get names of local areas wrong - they've called it Rock Ferry. when it's definitely Tranmere or posibly Prenton or Mount Estate - Rock Ferry is much further down the hill.

Same as half of the Wirral is apparntly in Prenton in some stories - I wonder if they just use the Post code and the Royal mail name for it?
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Armed Robbery at the co-op on the Wiend - 20th Feb 2012 1:13pm
Ahh I see. Heaven forbid one or two posts aren't completely on topic eh? smile
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Armed Robbery at the co-op on the Wiend - 20th Feb 2012 1:15pm
Originally Posted by ex0__
Ahh I see. Heaven forbid one or two posts aren't completely on topic eh? smile
good evening ex0, best to behave and keep on topic even though my post is off topic smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral