Forums
Posted By: workinclasshero incident by yates - 11th Feb 2012 8:34am
major incident by yates last night 8 police cars about 8.30 police have taped it all off like that all night
Posted By: paxvobiscum Re: incident by yates - 11th Feb 2012 10:28am
My daughter texted me late last night as her friends had told her someone had been stabbed and died, but I cannot find the incident in the news yet.
Yet more sad news for the area.
Posted By: katej Re: incident by yates - 11th Feb 2012 11:13am
The person involved is not dead but is fighting for his life!! Was a terrible attack and anyone with information please contact the police or pm me so I can pass the information onto his sister!!

Many thanks
Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Re: incident by yates - 11th Feb 2012 12:30pm
Just been passed, taped off from Asda delivery entrance to McD's, one car and a forensic van with a CCTV van prowling.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: incident by yates - 11th Feb 2012 2:21pm
SHUT THE WHOLE OF BIRKENHEAD TOWN CENTRE DOWN!

That way decient folk may be able to get a good nights sleep without fear of a loved one being raped or stabbed!

NUKE THE LOT!
Posted By: sunnyside Re: incident by yates - 11th Feb 2012 2:24pm
how sad i suppose a young person again things are bad when your nite ends like this we used to scuffle and row all eras doo but the violence now is out of control we need to get a grip binge drinking and cheap booze from supermarkets are a big factor
Posted By: colin86 Re: incident by yates - 11th Feb 2012 2:45pm
i'm with ste all the way on this, place should be shut down out of everyone who drinks in birkenhead id say only 20% are out to enjoy themselves utter shame full of ...
Posted By: jaki1 Re: incident by yates - 11th Feb 2012 2:48pm
new brighton is getting the same, sorry to say.
Posted By: puntoar Re: incident by yates - 11th Feb 2012 3:13pm
Its sad its going this way, I remember when I first moved down here to live I used to enjoy a night out in birkenhead (Some bars I avoided) now I dont bother other than the odd pint or a meal
Posted By: MattLFC Re: incident by yates - 11th Feb 2012 3:48pm
Originally Posted by colin86
i'm with ste all the way on this, place should be shut down out of everyone who drinks in birkenhead id say only 20% are out to enjoy themselves utter shame full of ...

I take it you've never been on a night out to Birkenhead then...

smack
Posted By: bigtalk2011 Re: incident by yates - 11th Feb 2012 4:28pm
was he stabbed i was told he was bottled an is in a comar fighting for his life hope he pulls through
Posted By: markmagoo Re: incident by yates - 11th Feb 2012 4:32pm
I was in the town centre yesterday near the market around three and there was shouting behind us and it was a teenage ars3h0le fighting with his girlfriend pushing a pram and was swinging punches at her kicking her ect and was asked by an oap why don't people do some thing to help?I replied because you get no thanks the other party turns on you and with past history as late you don't know if your going to be stabbed!!! O the life we lead.Hope the injured lad pulls through and they find the empty head not that he will dealt with.
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: incident by yates - 11th Feb 2012 4:37pm
Terrible all this
Posted By: cobblermax Re: incident by yates - 11th Feb 2012 5:20pm
just pure rubbish lock them up and throw the key away.hope he gets better
Posted By: paxvobiscum Re: incident by yates - 11th Feb 2012 5:44pm
Originally Posted by katej
The person involved is not dead but is fighting for his life!! Was a terrible attack and anyone with information please contact the police or pm me so I can pass the information onto his sister!!

Many thanks

I hope he makes a full recovery.With best wishes to him and his family
Posted By: becsken Re: incident by yates - 11th Feb 2012 7:49pm
hi kate j
wish his family that we hope he makes a full recovery and they catch the people who did this.
we need to remember birkenhead is what we make it it should be a place where people can feel safe to go out for a drink etc
Posted By: Bumble Re: incident by yates - 11th Feb 2012 9:18pm
It was a 34 year old man. He went outside Yate's with another man to finish an arguement. Punches were thrown and one hit the floor, smacking his head on the pavement. (This is how his sister and family has heard it). He is in a coma. There is no "good" news about his health, yet.

If anyone knows/was a witness to this, or knows anything else, please please, go to the police. They have the other man in custody.

Although what has happened is heartbreaking for my friend, lets not tar everyone in Birkenhead with the same brush. Birkenhead, like every other "drinking" area is going down hill.
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: incident by yates - 11th Feb 2012 9:58pm
http://www.wirralnews.co.uk/wirral-...dium=facebook&utm_source=twitterfeed
A 30-YEAR-OLD man was left fighting for his life after being attacked in a Birkenhead bar.

The unnamed victim was said to be in a critical condition following the "disturbance" at the Wine Lodge in Charing Cross at around 9.10pm last night.

Merseyside Police believe the trouble may have started inside and spilled out into the street.

Detectives said a major incident room had been set up and that they were still hunting whoever attacked the man, who was said to be local.

A police spokesman said: "A young man has been left fighting for his life. Anyone in the Wine Lodge, or passing by, who may have information, no matter how small they think it is, is urged to contact us as it may assist our investigation.

"It was a busy Friday night and someone will have seen what happened. We are treating this extremely seriously and ask anyone who can to help us bring to justice the person responsible for this."

Anyone with information should contact Wirral CID on 0151 777 2265 or Crimestopppers on 0800 555 111.
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: incident by yates - 11th Feb 2012 10:53pm
this lad is off my estate
carnt belive its him frown
such a great lad
Posted By: Flash02 Re: incident by yates - 12th Feb 2012 2:21am
Originally Posted by Bernice
It was a 34 year old man. He went outside Yate's with another man to finish an arguement. Punches were thrown and one hit the floor, smacking his head on the pavement. (This is how his sister and family has heard it). He is in a coma. There is no "good" news about his health, yet.

If anyone knows/was a witness to this, or knows anything else, please please, go to the police. They have the other man in custody.

Although what has happened is heartbreaking for my friend, lets not tar everyone in Birkenhead with the same brush. Birkenhead, like every other "drinking" area is going down hill.

Posted By: MikeT Re: incident by yates - 12th Feb 2012 6:50am
Originally Posted by _Ste_
SHUT THE WHOLE OF BIRKENHEAD TOWN CENTRE DOWN!

Quite ironic that this appeared above a thread titled "Birkenhead - Paradise Lost". Too true.
Posted By: Bumble Re: incident by yates - 12th Feb 2012 1:57pm
So, the police can't even get Kenny's age right? He is 34, and, as his sister is one of my closest friends, I guess I should know his age too.

As far as his sister is concerned, they have the other guy in custody.

Maybe this is their way of looking for the full story, as Kenny is certainly unable to give it.

He is still fighting. Let's hope he gets well.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: incident by yates - 12th Feb 2012 2:12pm
Typical mis-reporting by the Wirral News, not the police.

wink
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: incident by yates - 12th Feb 2012 4:41pm
Poor kenny

Thinking of him and his family

Estate will be in uproar
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: incident by yates - 12th Feb 2012 4:53pm
4PM UPDATE: TWO men have now been arrested in connection with the assault in Birkenhead.

http://www.wirralnews.co.uk/wirral-...dium=facebook&utm_source=twitterfeed

A 32-year-old and 36-year-old, both from the area, have been arrested on suspicious of causing grievous bodily harm and have been taken to a police station in Merseyside for questioning.

Detectives are continuing their appeal for people with information to come forward.

Officers are keen to speak to anyone who was inside The Wine Lodge, passing by outside, or in The Tap next door at the time of the incident
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: incident by yates - 12th Feb 2012 5:40pm
Head stomping/kicking should be attempted murder not gbh grrrrr.
Posted By: Silverback Re: incident by yates - 12th Feb 2012 6:20pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper

withthat
Posted By: Teutonicus Re: incident by yates - 12th Feb 2012 7:45pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper

Difficult to prove "attempted murder", due to having to proove "intent to kill". Virtually imposssible. He sais he did not intend to kill, especially when no one is actualy DEAD, then no one can proove otherwise.

GBH, the evidence is right before your eyes. Conviction more or less garunteed.
Posted By: donni Re: incident by yates - 12th Feb 2012 9:51pm
Was his name Kenny Wylde?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: incident by yates - 12th Feb 2012 11:31pm
Am I missing something here, where does it say there was head-stamping and the like going on? The new report just states he smacked his head on the ground?

think
Posted By: jen8505 Re: incident by yates - 13th Feb 2012 12:07am
i've heard from someone who knows him that he had his head stamped on too but I haven't seen any reports of this actually being the case so I wouldn't say it was fact, probably more like chinese whispers than anything.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: incident by yates - 13th Feb 2012 12:10am
Originally Posted by paxvobiscum
My daughter texted me late last night as her friends had told her someone had been stabbed and died, but I cannot find the incident in the news yet.
Yet more sad news for the area.

That "report" speaks volumes lol.

Chinese whispers as you say.

smile
Posted By: Sir_longmong Re: incident by yates - 13th Feb 2012 12:43am
Chances are, attack by drunk morons, head was stamped! I once suffered the same fate In New brighton.

Was minding my own business and got jumped by god knows how many. Few days in intensive care and an un repairable damaged jaw later I am still here but there are people that go out to intentionally cause this.

Cheap beer or not, ... Is ...
Posted By: MattLFC Re: incident by yates - 13th Feb 2012 12:48am
Originally Posted by Sir_longmong
Chances are, attack by drunk morons, head was stamped!

Why are we still trying to speculate or start more chinese whispers?? Connections of the family/victim have posted in this thread, the police have released a statement and the newspapers have followed up. We do not know the full facts of the incident and will not know until a suitable time (court case).

Not just you I know, but can everyone have some respect and quite trying to spice up a situation, that is affecting a local family. Don't you think it is distressing enough for the family and friends of the victim without everyone gossiping and trying to paint a picture they want to see, for their own entertainment?

Thanks!
Posted By: Flash02 Re: incident by yates - 13th Feb 2012 1:46am
it was a punch not head stamping and unfortunate for all involved that we have this outcome, im sure that the lad throwing the ounch did not intend this level of harm and its bad news for the injured party. For all we know the lad could have been acting in self defence the injury is a freak injury that could happen at any time in incidents like this but fortunately rarely does

Lets hope for everyones sake the lad makes a good and speedy recovery
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: incident by yates - 13th Feb 2012 1:38pm
Man due in court after attack outside The Wine Lodge pub in Wirral - 9.30am UPDATE

Feb 13 2012
by Liam Murphy, Liverpool Echo
A MAN was due in court today charged in connection with an attack outside a Wirral pub.
The assault happened close to The Wine Lodge, in Charing Cross, Birkenhead, at  around 9.10pm on Friday.
The 30-year-old victim sustained serious head injuries and was last night in a critical but stable condition in hospital.
John Burns, aged 32, of Aldford Close, Prenton, was due before Birkenhead Magistrates’ Court this morning.
He is charged with wounding with intent to commit grievous bodily harm.
Yesterday the town centre pub was still sealed off as detectives appealed for witnesses.
Wallasey news group
Posted By: Flash02 Re: incident by yates - 13th Feb 2012 1:45pm
thats reported wrong hes not charged with intent, its s20
Posted By: adorn Re: incident by yates - 13th Feb 2012 8:12pm
FETCH THE BIRCH BACK AND SEE HOW BRAVE THEY ARE AFTER BEING BIRCHED AND MAKE THEM PAY FOR TH VICTIMS HOSPITALCOSTS AND COMOSATION REGARDLES OF INCOME
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: incident by yates - 13th Feb 2012 8:46pm
Originally Posted by donni

Yes

Why?
Posted By: donni Re: incident by yates - 14th Feb 2012 7:29am
Originally Posted by Sarah_ZR
Originally Posted by donni

Yes

Why?
I was watching the match on Saturday in the cross and his name got mentioned. We went to school together. How is he doing now? I hope he makes a speedy recovery.
Posted By: Flash02 Re: incident by yates - 14th Feb 2012 9:02am
Originally Posted by adorn
FETCH THE BIRCH BACK AND SEE HOW BRAVE THEY ARE AFTER BEING BIRCHED AND MAKE THEM PAY FOR TH VICTIMS HOSPITALCOSTS AND COMOSATION REGARDLES OF INCOME

Fair point if he did it intentionally , but if he did it in self defence not quite so wouldnt you say
Posted By: LFC12 Re: incident by yates - 14th Feb 2012 11:23am
Totally agree!
Posted By: FireRose Re: incident by yates - 15th Feb 2012 2:05pm

This is my cousin. Last we heard 2 people have been charged. He's still in a coma, with no change. There are so many stories running around about what happened and unless the police release a statement based on CCTV footage we may never know the full story.
Posted By: Flash02 Re: incident by yates - 15th Feb 2012 4:29pm
I hope he makes a full recovery, only one charged and one dropped as he was only questioned for being near the incident and in effect a witness.
Posted By: Bumble Re: incident by yates - 17th Feb 2012 9:14pm
Kenny passed away just an hour ago.

RIP Kenny Wylde, may your light keep shining on in your family.
Posted By: jen8505 Re: incident by yates - 17th Feb 2012 9:17pm
Rip kenny.
Posted By: Brass Re: incident by yates - 17th Feb 2012 9:24pm
RIP Kenny
Posted By: tinkerbell79 Re: incident by yates - 17th Feb 2012 9:32pm
R.I.P kenny ur were a great mate are oughts are with ur family an this very sad time sleep tigh xx
Posted By: Little_B Re: incident by yates - 17th Feb 2012 9:40pm
RIP cuz you will be missed see you on the other side.
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: incident by yates - 17th Feb 2012 9:43pm
Carnt believe it frown
R.i.p kenny carnt believe it
Thinking of your family
Take it easy mate frown
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: incident by yates - 17th Feb 2012 9:53pm
Condolences to the family
x
Posted By: oscarpops Re: incident by yates - 17th Feb 2012 10:00pm
R.i.p Kenny
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: incident by yates - 17th Feb 2012 10:11pm
i dont care what anyone says about the nocky,we all pull toghther at such a sad time like this frown
thoughts are with your clare and the rest of your family,still in shock :(Once again R.I.P kenny xxx
Posted By: bigtalk2011 Re: incident by yates - 17th Feb 2012 10:34pm
rip kenny thoughts are with your family at this very sad time
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: incident by yates - 17th Feb 2012 10:34pm
R.I.P My thoughts are with family and friends.
Posted By: starakita Re: incident by yates - 17th Feb 2012 11:20pm
RIP thoughts go to family & friends
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: incident by yates - 18th Feb 2012 10:18am
How very sad. RIP
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: incident by yates - 18th Feb 2012 10:57am
R.I.P.Kenny, shocked.
Posted By: Lil_bird Re: incident by yates - 19th Feb 2012 11:22pm
My thoughts are with Kenny's family and friends at this tragic time, R.I.P Kenny
Posted By: poodlepup Re: incident by yates - 20th Feb 2012 12:59am
R.I.P.kenny Thoughts are with your family and friends x
Posted By: Flash02 Re: incident by yates - 20th Feb 2012 6:12pm
sad for the guy whos responsible for the punch also as his lifes ruined as well as he didnt bring this upon himself!!
Posted By: Chorizo Re: incident by yates - 20th Feb 2012 6:22pm
Are you serious? This is why I avoid violence because if you hit someone you intend to hurt them and everyone knows these days you can kill with a punch.
Posted By: Flash02 Re: incident by yates - 20th Feb 2012 7:50pm
Originally Posted by Chorizo
Are you serious? This is why I avoid violence because if you hit someone you intend to hurt them and everyone knows these days you can kill with a punch.

even in self defence? pre emptive strike? Id say there was a difference
Posted By: Chorizo Re: incident by yates - 20th Feb 2012 8:51pm
And you know it was sense defense how? Too many people die from one punch these days for people to not know the consequences.
Posted By: Flash02 Re: incident by yates - 20th Feb 2012 10:34pm
And you know it was sense defense how? Too many people die from one punch these days for people to not know the consequences.

because I know, and the CPS and police didnt charge him with intent
Posted By: Wench Re: incident by yates - 21st Feb 2012 12:08am
And you know it was self defense how? Too many people die from one punch these days for people to not know the consequences.

This might help answer your question Chorizo.

Originally Posted by Bumble
He went outside Yate's with another man to finish an arguement. Punches were thrown and one hit the floor, smacking his head on the pavement. (This is how his sister and family has heard it).

Although what has happened is heartbreaking for my friend......

Posted By: LFC12 Re: incident by yates - 21st Feb 2012 7:26pm
I think people are too quick to form opinions which aren't based on facts, even the papers are getting it wrong. It's a sad, sad situation for all involved.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral