Forums
Posted By: Shadow_Omega Egremont Area- Eye Out For Thieves - 25th Jan 2012 8:42pm
Over the last few weeks myself and few neighbors have been getting suspicious yobs climbing into our back gardens and trying to break in. i did report this to the police but they haven't done anything yet. the swines managed to rob one shed of several tools and valuables that belonged to a child. This is around Rice Lane, King Street, Church Street and they keep coming from Guildford and Union Street.
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Egremont Area- Eye Out For Thieves - 25th Jan 2012 8:51pm
Sorry to hear that Omega, it is very worrying. Nice to see you back on Wiki hun, try not to be put off by some posts, peeps with unusual humour have now joined!
Posted By: Sir_longmong Re: Egremont Area- Eye Out For Thieves - 25th Jan 2012 9:21pm
We have had this. We are up by martins lane. Next door had shed rummaged through, was only locked with rope, nothing valuable in there. Our garden was "rearranged" by them too.
Posted By: puntoar Re: Egremont Area- Eye Out For Thieves - 25th Jan 2012 9:39pm
Same happened to me in New Ferry they are everywhere at the moment, according to the police they are looking for bikes and sell these on preety quickly.

Posted By: gypsyjune Re: Egremont Area- Eye Out For Thieves - 25th Jan 2012 9:40pm
absolute ... of the earth ,they seem to think it`s their right to just take what they want,is it smack heads do you think ? thank`s for the warning though
Posted By: workinclasshero Re: Egremont Area- Eye Out For Thieves - 25th Jan 2012 9:44pm
its happening in wallasey village every night if its not a shed or garage door ripped off its a car window smashed
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: Egremont Area- Eye Out For Thieves - 25th Jan 2012 9:49pm
What the hell is up with people these day`s absolute dick heads .Even if you caught them your hands are tie`d
Posted By: Touchstone Re: Egremont Area- Eye Out For Thieves - 25th Jan 2012 10:07pm
Originally Posted by puntoar
Same happened to me in New Ferry they are everywhere at the moment, according to the police they are looking for bikes and sell these on preety quickly.

I was working at Birkenhead Central train station last night and some little scrote, obviously without a ticket, went down with his bicycle onto the Liverpool bound platform. A few minutes later he comes back up the stairs and heads down to the Chester bound platform, still with bicycle. About a minute later again, he comes back up and then goes back down to the Liverpool platform. This time without his bike. It seems like he sold it to some lads on the Chester platform. Probably just nicked from somewhere in Birkenhead and wanted to sell it on quickly before heading onto Liverpool.

Just on a different note, while I as at Birkenhead Central, the transport police arrived and did about 20 little sods for travelling without tickets. Small victories...
Posted By: Chorizo Re: Egremont Area- Eye Out For Thieves - 25th Jan 2012 10:08pm
The recession is pushing them to go out and do it more. They can't get jobs so they steal. Strange and disturbing logic but I can't think of any other reason for the increase.
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: Egremont Area- Eye Out For Thieves - 25th Jan 2012 10:09pm
unbelievable no camera`s there then ?
Posted By: alann Re: Egremont Area- Eye Out For Thieves - 25th Jan 2012 10:17pm
i saw one "hoodie" coming over the entry wall between charlotte road and rudgrave mews car park, the other night when i was walking the dog, late teens, all in black, about 01-30, saw me and done one..
Posted By: Touchstone Re: Egremont Area- Eye Out For Thieves - 25th Jan 2012 10:17pm
There are cameras at BC but difficult to prove the bike was stolen. Putting more staff on stations would stop a lot of the little buggers travelling around the Wirral so easily. The amount of scumbags that travel free between BC and Green Lane/Rock Ferry and Birkenhead North to Park has to be seen to be believed.
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: Egremont Area- Eye Out For Thieves - 25th Jan 2012 10:41pm
Maybe it`s not extra staff we need it`s staff with dogs alway`s scare`s the shit out of ... bags and you can`t argue with a dog
Posted By: leboo Re: Egremont Area- Eye Out For Thieves - 26th Jan 2012 2:34am
Happening also. Around Bidston! A neighbour of mine disturbed somebody snooping! But Couldn't quite catch a look. As she was petrified! But thanks to FB(4a change) she inbox me+ I had scan around !(Our visabilty is 360 from our house) Didn't see anything.BUT still defo somebody had been in gardens.. (Our dog was very sketchy on these nights)Also few nights later, I had been in bath(which was after 3am)somebody walked or scuttled past window!!!+another inbox asking if we'd heard anything!! Didnot read untill next day ..Yes I bleep-Nbleep.. Did hear + *uc"ing saw the #u*t scuttle past bathroom!! Well now I have my dog sit off! When I get bath late , + go near my shed +i'll lock the door + get 'my 3 grown sons to stop lil scumrats escape-ing, so I could gv the rat a good beating! Glue fingers to forehead
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Egremont Area- Eye Out For Thieves - 26th Jan 2012 4:45am
@Touchstone. Couldn't some of these scrotes be made to polish the top of the live rail with a damp Brillo Pad when caught ??

As you say, more staff on the platforms - but that reduces profits I guess.

Posted By: Salmon Re: Egremont Area- Eye Out For Thieves - 26th Jan 2012 7:06am
Apart from more staff it amazes me that at so many stations you can walk onto and off trains totally freely.Ticket operated turnstiles would prevent that and pay for themselves in no time.
As for the louts and or yobs invading property they know that even if caught they will not get a proper punishment.
Posted By: Katryn Re: Egremont Area- Eye Out For Thieves - 26th Jan 2012 9:11am
Originally Posted by Chorizo
The recession is pushing them to go out and do it more. They can't get jobs so they steal. Strange and disturbing logic but I can't think of any other reason for the increase.

They cant get jobs are just aint looking for them.
Posted By: Silverback Re: Egremont Area- Eye Out For Thieves - 26th Jan 2012 11:55am
Originally Posted by Kathryn
Originally Posted by Chorizo

They cant get jobs or just aint looking for them.

They've got jobs.......

'Urban Expeditionary Recyclers'

They're out there every night delivering you a free service, recycling all those items you probably don't realise you no longer need any more, some nights work pays well, some nights pays not so good.

Posted By: StuyMac Re: Egremont Area- Eye Out For Thieves - 26th Jan 2012 12:00pm
Lets just hope they drop in to a yard with a kennel and a big dog!

....as already mentioned, you cant argue with a dog!
Posted By: lemonhead Re: Egremont Area- Eye Out For Thieves - 29th Jan 2012 6:03pm
hey omega

thanks for posting this, my mum lives in Rice Lane, up by Lea Road and Charlotte Road, i will be over to her tomorrow and make sure all her stuff is away from these little shits, i hope they try when im there, look what ste and sarah went through, the scary thing is we dont know if they are trying our shed or back doors while in bed, lazy ... bags, job or no job, no need to steal form hard working people
Posted By: Tina21 Re: Egremont Area- Eye Out For Thieves - 29th Jan 2012 9:52pm
some one was in the entrys of rake lane last night, as my dog was going mad,was tempted to put her on a long lead a let her have a play with the sods.you all no the game of shred the sod dont you lol. and if the sods are readin this my dog hates low life sods, that cant save to get nice things they rob,everyone else.... ... ...
Posted By: Tombraider Re: Egremont Area- Eye Out For Thieves - 29th Jan 2012 9:55pm
Originally Posted by Tina21
some one was in the entrys of rake lane last night, as my dog was going mad,was tempted to put her on a long lead a let her have a play with the sods.you all no the game of shred the sod dont you lol. and if the sods are readin this my dog hates low life sods, that cant save to get nice things they rob,everyone else.... ... ...
thumbsupspot on alot of low life ... going about!
Posted By: BIGGUS_DICCUS Re: Egremont Area- Eye Out For Thieves - 30th Jan 2012 4:18am
There is definately something going on around the local area i noticed the other night when there where two hooded idiots in my back alley just off manor road only noticed them as i always put my bike in the back yard and when i turned into the alley it was like two bunnies caught in the headlights they scarpered over my next door neighbours wall and into the yards next to the social club then i went to check my back gates and they had been forced open so fearing the worst i rushed in and apart from killing a few plants and opening the toolshed they never took anything but cost me a further £25 in gate locks and vandal paint aprt from that i did inherit a nice pair of DRAPER cutters but the next time i will just let the dogs have them so they can play tug of war smile
Posted By: Handbag Re: Egremont Area- Eye Out For Thieves - 30th Jan 2012 12:44pm
Originally Posted by Shadow_Omega
Over the last few weeks myself and few neighbors have been getting suspicious yobs climbing into our back gardens and trying to break in. i did report this to the police but they haven't done anything yet. the swines managed to rob one shed of several tools and valuables that belonged to a child. This is around Rice Lane, King Street, Church Street and they keep coming from Guildford and Union Street.

I know of at least 7 burglaries in Lea Road, Rice Lane, Charlotte Road... these have all happened in the last couple of weeks, these aren't just sheds that have been broken into either, it's people homes and a lot of the time they have been in bed when it has happened. I have spoken to the local Police about the issue but more needs to be done... The local residents have their suspicions about who these people are, which I have also passed on to the Police too. These muppets ARE complete ... and think nothing of sh1tting on their own doorsteps. I will try and find out when the Police have their next 'Have your say' meeting which they hold at Mariners Park once a month. Failing that maybe some of us could get in touch with our local Councillor and our MP if we bombard them with emails from a few of us then they will realise that there is a problem and put more pressure on the Police to prioritize the problem and get something done.

I really love living where I do. I know its got its problems but my neighbours who have all been here for years are lovely and I couldnt bear to move... I've been thinking about it a lot recently but I'm not prepared to go until I have exhausted every avenue I can to try and improve things. I NEVER leave my house empty any more and have to wait till my son is home before I go out now frown
Posted By: wallsymike Re: Egremont Area- Eye Out For Thieves - 30th Jan 2012 1:47pm
You can always use ''reasonable force'' to contain someone you have caught damaging or trying to break into you property.
Posted By: Shadow_Omega Re: Egremont Area- Eye Out For Thieves - 30th Jan 2012 3:36pm
Originally Posted by wallsymike
You can always use ''reasonable force'' to contain someone you have caught damaging or trying to break into you property.

Last Night we had some dirty scumbag knock into our door asking for a taxi and a fag, since i don't smoke he thought i was lying and was trying to get in to find one. suffice to say i had no choice but to subdue the swine and have him trapped in the middle of the street whilst the police were on their way. humiliation at it's finest.
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: Egremont Area- Eye Out For Thieves - 30th Jan 2012 3:50pm
OMG Good for you Omega ,it`s getting really bad if they have go to that level ,glad you handled it well
Posted By: Shadow_Omega Re: Egremont Area- Eye Out For Thieves - 30th Jan 2012 4:09pm
Originally Posted by gypsyjune
OMG Good for you Omega ,it`s getting really bad if they have go to that level ,glad you handled it well

Only just. I haven't been sleeping in weeks thanks to this shit. i stay up all night keeping an eye out on everything until the crack of dawn comes. and so far so good it's been paying off.
Posted By: Tombraider Re: Egremont Area- Eye Out For Thieves - 30th Jan 2012 4:10pm
Originally Posted by wallsymike

Last Night we had some dirty scumbag knock into our door asking for a taxi and a fag, since i don't smoke he thought i was lying and was trying to get in to find one. suffice to say i had no choice but to subdue the swine and have him trapped in the middle of the street whilst the police were on their way. humiliation at it's finest.
Good on you Shadow thumbsup
Posted By: angelina Re: Egremont Area- Eye Out For Thieves - 1st Feb 2012 10:43pm
Had someone break out the back gate to my back yard twice since xmas, the dog is very rattled, shame I dont still have a Great Dane as no one would argue with her lol!!! I am the end of the alley so they climb over a twelve foot wall and break open my side gate , getting sick of it , but fear they may try the house at some point
Posted By: puntoar Re: Egremont Area- Eye Out For Thieves - 1st Feb 2012 10:58pm
... the lot of them, we work hard for our belongings and the scumbags think they can just come along and steal the lot.
Ive added a few security features at the back of my house this week, including CCTV and anti climb spikes ontop of the wall. IF they really want to come over it will slow them down but at least I will have CCTV footage or hopefully will catch the buggers red handed
Posted By: paxvobiscum Re: Egremont Area- Eye Out For Thieves - 2nd Feb 2012 3:25pm
My friend moved to Egremont last year and in less than a week his garage was broken into and two expensive sports bikes stolen. It was secured well but heavy duty cutters were used to cut through the locks.

I live on an estate that is quiet in parts but there are always plenty of neighbours with families about and some have dogs.
I always feel safe in the neighbourhood, never feel lonely, and that is why I choose to live in the area.
Posted By: Teutonicus Re: Egremont Area- Eye Out For Thieves - 12th Feb 2012 7:50pm
This is around Rice Lane, King Street, Church Street and they keep coming from Guildford and Union Street.

You know where to find them then.

Got no mates?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral