Forums
Posted By: ianyam Residents threatened with sword in Wirral - 11th Jan 2012 8:24pm
All I can say is, its getting worse.

AN armed gang threatened the occupants of a Wirral house with a cutlass-style sword during a confrontational burglary.

At around 10.25pm on Monday, January 9, five men entered the property in Dovedale Road, Hoylake.

They confronted residents before leaving with an undisclosed quantity of cash and a mobile phone.

Although uninjured, the occupants have been left very shaken following the incident.

The men wanted by police are in their late teens or early twenties, of proportionate build and with local accents.

All five wore dark coloured clothing and had their faces covered. One of them was wearing a grey charcoal tracksuit with the bottoms tucked into black socks.

Enquiries are ongoing and CCTV is being examined from the scene.

Detective Sergeant Mark Watson, said: "We are appealing to anyone who may have seen males acting suspiciously near to this address around this time to contact us with any information they may have.

"We are determined to catch those responsible for this offence.

"I would urge any members of the public with information regarding this incident to contact us.

"High visibility patrols have been stepped up in the area following the incident.

"We will not tolerate this kind of crime on Merseyside and urge anyone who may know these men, or may have any information, to call us so we can put them before the courts and bring them to justice."

Anyone with information can call police on 0151 777 2265 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
that the new scumbags weapon of choice. arseholes!
Posted By: ianyam Re: Residents threatened with sword in Wirral - 11th Jan 2012 8:32pm
Originally Posted by chev_chelios

Agreed.
Originally Posted by ianyam
Originally Posted by chev_chelios

Agreed.
withthat withthat withthat hope they catch the bastar*s low life creature ...!!.
Posted By: julie253 Re: Residents threatened with sword in Wirral - 11th Jan 2012 9:11pm
OMG the residents must have been so scared. It's getting worse and I have a feeling it's not going to get any better. Very scarey indeed. Hope all the occupants are OK.
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Residents threatened with sword in Wirral - 12th Jan 2012 9:04am
having spent 5 years training with "metal weapons" id like them to break into my house whilst i was in cool
© Wirral-Wikiwirral