Forums
Posted By: gerrymoore Mavic Mini Drone - help needed please - 10th Dec 2021 2:28pm
Hi all .... has anyone got the above drone? I am having great difficulty with the DJI Assistant 2 and would be grateful for any advice/help ...I can just get it working on an old laptop running Win7 but not with my main PC and Win10.

My mini shows a gimbal error although nothing is wrong with it. I've been trying to load the original gimbal calibration app but can't.....

I am in Bebington but willing to travel...thanks Gerry
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Mavic Mini Drone - help needed please - 11th Dec 2021 12:12pm
Wheels used to be the expert for drones on this forum but he has not been around for years. I think this is his YouTube channel but it hasn't had any new content for a few years but it has loads of videos. https://www.youtube.com/c/ThatHPIGUY/videos

I'd recommend joining a Mavic forum if no one from here can help.
https://mavicpilots.com/

Good luck Gerry, and please upload your videos when you get it sorted. smile
Posted By: gerrymoore Re: Mavic Mini Drone - help needed please - 12th Dec 2021 3:12pm
Thanks Mike ... there's a lot of stuff around but nicer to actually talk to someone who has one!! I'll keep trying to sort it... Gerry
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Mavic Mini Drone - help needed please - 13th Dec 2021 12:46pm
What version do you have? Looking at the release notes online it seems there was an issue with Windows 10

"Fixed an issue where the assistant software cannot be installed and used on some Windows 10 systems."
Posted By: gerrymoore Re: Mavic Mini Drone - help needed please - 14th Dec 2021 10:02am
It's something to do with my 'proper' PC as I can get it to work on my notebook. I am on Win10 so that could be it.

May be no good anyway as, apparently, since I've updated to the latest firmware there is no way to revert to older firmware where the gimbal calibration can be loaded in.

The drone flies OK but has a continual message saying the gimbal is not calibrated ..even though I have calibrated it and it works fine!!
Posted By: Leonny Re: Mavic Mini Drone - help needed please - 5th Aug 2022 3:09am
Had the same problem with this model, glad to see this thread! I always forget to calibrate it, this is really helpful
© Wirral-Wikiwirral