Forums
Posted By: granny Is This ART ? - 23rd Feb 2017 9:56am

We never cease to become amazed at some of the tripe that's turfed out in the name of 'art', but to date, this surely must be the crowning glory ?

French artist Abraham Poincheval entombs himself in boulder

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39053541
Posted By: venice Re: Is This ART ? - 23rd Feb 2017 9:59am
Not in my book granny, he's just stoned off his head! seeyu
Posted By: Salmon Re: Is This ART ? - 23rd Feb 2017 10:51am
Not art as far as I am concerned, saner people in the various mental institutions.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Is This ART ? - 23rd Feb 2017 11:39am
He's not daft, its the people that finance this sort of thing that are mad.
Posted By: cools Re: Is This ART ? - 23rd Feb 2017 1:34pm
I hate anything like this all these stupid so called art like dead sheep in tank and a pile of stale bread, as was in the Tate a few years back. I don't even like Picasso art think that's rubbish. Give me a good portrait painter that can make the picture look like a photo any time. Remember making a visit to the Tate in Liverpool years ago and in this huge room was 4 massive canvasses each painted a diffrent shade of burgandy red, then two long benches in the middle with loads of people all looking and swooning over these.couldn't help myself saying quite loudly what are we supposed to be looking at. Big mistake got all kinds of insults about being ignorant and shallow because I couldn't see what they think they saw. Sorry but that's not art to me, takes no talent whatsoever.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Is This ART ? - 23rd Feb 2017 1:52pm
I'm sure with some "exhibits" they think up a silly idea first then dream up the "arty" justifications afterwards.

I love going to the Williamson and seeing the variety of styles which are good. I don't particularly like photographs that have been photo-shopped and then called art.
Posted By: starakita Re: Is This ART ? - 23rd Feb 2017 3:33pm
I'm sure someone will put money up for it or want to have it,it's like the unmade bed or a pile of bricks & they win prizes.I prefer landscapes,sunsets,sunrises are a favourite of mine
Posted By: Greenwood Re: Is This ART ? - 25th Feb 2017 7:06pm
I don't like the sound of the ensuite facilities... ICK. He is going to be pretty minging when he emerges! As long as he's not costing anyone else any money or doing any harm, I guess he can be as daft as he likes. Just don't call it 'Art', mon ami! Now if he painted an abstract based on what he felt while in there, and any possible hallucinations etc, he might be getting somewhere. For me, art needs to have an element of creativity and an end product of some sort to admire; even if I don't like the subject matter or style, there has to be skill and imagination employed, not just sitting in a rock getting manky. Hmph.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral