Forums
Posted By: DavidB Evening Classes - A-level/GCSE etc - 16th Nov 2015 1:12pm
Looking to go back to university next year, but ideally need another A-level, I have maths but would like to do Physics.
Are there any colleges on the Wirral that do evenings A-levels/GCSE's? Not having a lot of luck searching.
Thanks
Posted By: j_demo Re: Evening Classes - A-level/GCSE etc - 16th Nov 2015 1:34pm
Wirral met would be the best bet. However have you looked at online learning? i've heard good things about the Distance Learning Centre
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Evening Classes - A-level/GCSE etc - 16th Nov 2015 1:39pm
Looks like your out of luck, most people in your circumstance do the extra year at the beginning of the degree (Access to higher education or whatever).

You are best speaking to the targeted University itself, they are are exceedingly helpful with mature students. I've known a few people go down incorrect routes, its best knowing exactly what the University wants and what they can offer.

If you just want to do physics A-level by itself, provided your maths is reasonably ok, I'd be tempted to get the books and do it that way. Don't use online courses unless they are from a formal place of education.

If you've got a decent memory and maths, physics A-level is quite easy. Degree level physics is a lot of maths.

Have a look at the Open University, may not need the A-level with them.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral