Forums
Posted By: spanner1 Theatre - 19th Feb 2015 5:21pm
Just like to say went to see Educating Rita last night at the liverpool playhouse and really enjoyed it, Leanne Best, who plays the female lead is truly a cracking local actress and will go far. I'm rubbish at explaining plot lines and such so I've added a review by the Merseysider magaxzine as it s probably the one that explains it the best, if anyones interested.
http://www.merseysidermagazine.com/site/arts/review-educating-rita-liverpool-playhouse/
Posted By: chriskay Re: Theatre - 19th Feb 2015 11:19pm
Ah, the Playhouse; Clayton Square if I remember correctly. My mother took me to see "The Silver Curlew" there, when it was a very new play, probably about 1950.
Posted By: spanner1 Re: Theatre - 20th Feb 2015 10:08am
Yes a very old theatre by all accounts, apparently it still has a prosidium arch or somesuch.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Theatre - 20th Feb 2015 4:48pm
Originally Posted by spanner1
Yes a very old theatre by all accounts, apparently it still has a prosidium arch or somesuch.

Proscenium arch
Posted By: chris58 Re: Theatre - 24th Feb 2015 7:01pm
Saw this Saturday night brilliant play well worth seeing
Posted By: spanner1 Re: Theatre - 25th Feb 2015 5:13pm
Thank you Chriskay,never stop learning on'ere.
Glad you enjoyed it Chris, it was good though I dont think Rita could get away with free education nowadays by my reckoning she would have to chuff up about £5,000 or a days pay for Jack Straw in order to do a years Open university.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral