Forums
Posted By: PeterLFC Wanted: Crown Green Bowls/Equipment - 17th Jun 2014 7:53am
Hi All,
First of all, thanks for taking the time to look.

I am involved with a juniors bowling club.
The aim of the club is to encourage younger players into the game at no cost to themselves. I am sure if your bowls club has a young player then they PROBABLY have been involved or at least heard of the club.
The club is run and funded by a local couple who will not accept payment for their services.

Anyway if anybody has any unused bowls equipment that may be of help to the next generation, please PM me as we would be very grateful.

I could give you the information to drop off, or I could come and collect.

Thanks again for your time.

Sorry almost forgot, also if you know of any youngsters who may be interested.
All coaches are BCGBA aproved, CRB checked and we have a couple of BCGBA referees to hand too.
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Wanted: Crown Green Bowls/Equipment - 17th Jun 2014 11:08am
Lovely idea. I used to love watching my grandad playing bowls and my daughter did too, I used to take her to watch, but being such an older persons game it always felt like we couldn't have taken part. She is older now, but I think she would have loved the opportunity when she was younger. Best of luck to you.
Posted By: PeterLFC Re: Wanted: Crown Green Bowls/Equipment - 17th Jun 2014 2:06pm
Thanks Sallybear,
Definitely not an old persons game anymore, we got players as young as 7 but one has been playing since he was 5.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral