[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

And this is how it looks now

[Linked Image]

Still more to do

Posted By: x_plore Re: Photos of my Fish pond build - 14th Aug 2013 11:32pm
I'd turn it into a hot tub wink looks good though mate well done
Posted By: Gold_Moon Re: Photos of my Fish pond build - 15th Aug 2013 12:45am
Photo number 4 - The dog's face! It looks just like he's thinking, "I hope he's not building me a kennel!" raftl
Posted By: guitarlad Re: Photos of my Fish pond build - 15th Aug 2013 8:30am
This is really good.i would love a fish pond.cant wait to see what it look like finnished.Yeah the dogs face,maybe he thought you were building a sheep dip for him haha.[only a joke by the way}Well done anyway.What you going to do with the pound moulding and rockery?Or is this another surprise.
Posted By: granny Re: Photos of my Fish pond build - 15th Aug 2013 8:43am
Looks excellent,it's a work of art. Love the pub sign!

My son has one similar size and similar situation (he didn't build it)with a climbing plants structure over it. The darned heron still managed to attack! So he has it covered with netting now.
Posted By: guitarlad Re: Photos of my Fish pond build - 15th Aug 2013 8:45am
Originally Posted by granny

My son has one similar size and similar situation (he didn't build it)with a climbing plants structure over it. The darned heron still managed to attack! So he has it covered with netting now.
You got any pics?Granny.Netting is a must a herring would have good old feast by eating the fish.
Posted By: guitarlad Re: Photos of my Fish pond build - 15th Aug 2013 8:48am
What sort of cold water fish you going to put in the pond?dont overcrowd the pond with fish thats one tip haha.Carp are nice bit grow very big.
Posted By: guitarlad Re: Photos of my Fish pond build - 15th Aug 2013 8:51am
Originally Posted by guitarlad
This is really good.i would love a fish pond.cant wait to see what it look like finnished.Yeah the dogs face,maybe he thought you were building a sheep dip for him haha.[only a joke by the way}Well done anyway.What you going to do with the pound moulding and rockery?Or is this another surprise.
Sorry not pound moulding i meant pond moulding and finish.Chriskay, will be on my case for making spelling mastakes haha.
Posted By: granny Re: Photos of my Fish pond build - 15th Aug 2013 9:02am

You got any pics?Granny.Netting is a must a herring would have good old feast by eating the fish.

Sorry , no pics Guitarlad. Did you mean heron ? yes
Posted By: guitarlad Re: Photos of my Fish pond build - 15th Aug 2013 9:08am

Sorry , no pics Guitarlad. Did you mean heron ? yes
PMSL, Oh yeah probally more mistakes, tooooo early in the morning for me Granny.Aw thats a shame would have looked forward to seeing them.

Posted By: neilmcc Re: Photos of my Fish pond build - 15th Aug 2013 10:30am
Originally Posted by Gold_Moon
Photo number 4 - The dog's face! It looks just like he's thinking, "I hope he's not building me a kennel!" raftl
Originally Posted by Gold_Moon

The dogs got his own room in the house built him a kennel and he looked at me to say that's not very big for you to sleep in lol
Posted By: flybynight Re: Photos of my Fish pond build - 15th Aug 2013 3:23pm
I have a pond with just gold fish , they breed every year , if you need fish you can have some of this years if you want , free I obviously.
Posted By: j_demo Re: Photos of my Fish pond build - 15th Aug 2013 5:52pm
looks really good, how easy would it be to turn it into a jacuzzi?
Posted By: neilmcc Re: Photos of my Fish pond build - 15th Aug 2013 6:37pm
Originally Posted by flybynight
I have a pond with just gold fish , they breed every year , if you need fish you can have some of this years if you want , free I obviously.

I have a lot of fish coming from a friends pond that he's closing down thanks for the offer
Posted By: neilmcc Re: Photos of my Fish pond build - 15th Aug 2013 6:41pm
Originally Posted by j_demo
looks really good, how easy would it be to turn it into a jacuzzi?

I think you would need a better liner and then its only a case of fitting a heater and blower would be easy if you had the parts
Posted By: kimpri Re: Photos of my Fish pond build - 15th Aug 2013 6:53pm
Looking good Neil
Posted By: neilmcc Re: Photos of my Fish pond build - 15th Aug 2013 7:07pm
Originally Posted by kimpri1
Looking good Neil

And thanks again for the wood
Posted By: bigtalk2011 Re: Photos of my Fish pond build - 17th Aug 2013 12:56pm
like your pond mate id love somethin like this but being a novice dont no were to start what wood did u use i want to put koi in what costs etc any help appriciated.
Posted By: neilmcc Re: Photos of my Fish pond build - 18th Aug 2013 7:38am
Originally Posted by bigtalk2011
like your pond mate id love somethin like this but being a novice dont no were to start what wood did u use i want to put koi in what costs etc any help appriciated.

Think my total cost was around £400 if you ask on sites If anyone has any bits you need you will be surprised what you find. I got the railway sleepers off eBay there's a company in flint Wales that's the cheapest if you want a full breakdown of cost pm me and I will sort one out with all the things I used. I have tench and golden orfe and a couple of koi in at the moment I'm lucky that a family friend is closing there pond down so I have all the fish and plants I need
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Photos of my Fish pond build - 18th Aug 2013 8:52pm
Awesome idea smile i wanna see the finished product with the fish in it hehe.. thumbsup
Posted By: neilmcc Re: Photos of my Fish pond build - 18th Aug 2013 10:06pm
Some fish in now will get some photos in a coupe of weeks when I move the big fish in
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Photos of my Fish pond build - 25th Dec 2013 8:37pm
Originally Posted by neilmcc
Some fish in now will get some photos in a coupe of weeks when I move the big fish in

Hows the pond coming on?
Posted By: neilmcc Re: Photos of my Fish pond build - 25th Dec 2013 9:30pm
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Will get some more pics in the light haven't taken any for a while

Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Photos of my Fish pond build - 25th Dec 2013 9:38pm
Looking good, just hope the herons on holiday. Darn things can spot a pond at a 100ft.
Posted By: neilmcc Re: Photos of my Fish pond build - 25th Dec 2013 9:39pm
I've got a net over it so they haven't been able to get any fish
© Wirral-Wikiwirral