Forums
Posted By: spgb1a Gym Buddy/Traing Partner/Coach sought - 31st Jan 2013 7:29pm
Hi there

I am looking /seeking a male gym buddy/training partner /coach to help me back into the gym after a recent op,i would use the europa pools in wirral,im 58 yrs old,5.8 tall,38w,42c,but hope will be alot less then that,lol.

Thnx for looking
Posted By: flybynight Re: Gym Buddy/Traing Partner/Coach sought - 31st Jan 2013 8:11pm
The oval have excellent classes , circuit training boxercise , spinning and if you join they are all free. They are mixed level groups , nobody looks up or down at you what ever your standard , so I would join there and do the classes. I have been going there for awhile now and love it . Just book it turn up and train . Saying that it does depend on what your op was . But Tex or any other one of the coaches/ trainers will give you very good advice . Hope this helps .
Posted By: spgb1a Re: Gym Buddy/Traing Partner/Coach sought - 31st Jan 2013 8:23pm
thnx alot,was hoping to start like a one to one, spottin each other, if thats what u call it,thnx anyway,its food for thought.

xx
Posted By: spgb1a Re: Gym Buddy/Traing Partner/Coach sought - 31st Jan 2013 9:38pm
It was a slipped disc so I have ongoing sciatica
Posted By: Neil_c Re: Gym Buddy/Traing Partner/Coach sought - 31st Jan 2013 11:32pm
i went to physio for ages with my sciatica and personally I couldnt say it made any real difference. Exercise is always good but contrary to what the youtube videos say, I found that there was no magic technique to get rid of it.

How I regreted trying to take a log burner out the boot of a car by myself!

Posted By: DeanoBirko Re: Gym Buddy/Traing Partner/Coach sought - 1st Feb 2013 8:51am
Have you considered Yoga? Its low impact, increases blood flow to your joints and is great for people with pre-existing injuries or conditions.

Dont go to any fancy Hot Yoga or Aerobic Yoga classes, make sure its a traditional style class.

Ive considered trying it myself, years of martial arts have messed up my knees, back, shoulders etc. Wouldnt mind doing something that doesnt mess me up...
Posted By: turnip Re: Gym Buddy/Traing Partner/Coach sought - 1st Feb 2013 4:07pm
I have a mate who's a recently qualified instructer and personal trainer, only thing is he'd be doing it as a personal trainer rather than a training partner. I can ask him how much he charges if you want.
Hi My name is Graham Jones from Peaklifestyleuk

I am a wellness coach and cellular nutrition provider we have a wide range of experience in the heath field if you would like to get in touch call 0151 345 6916 after 6pm
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Gym Buddy/Traing Partner/Coach sought - 1st Feb 2013 8:27pm
Originally Posted by peaklifestyleuk
Hi My name is Graham Jones from Peaklifestyleuk

I am a wellness coach and cellular nutrition provider we have a wide range of experience in the heath field if you would like to get in touch call 0151 345 6916 after 6pm
I used to be a "cellular nutrition provider" but I was called a cook! Lol.
Posted By: spgb1a Re: Gym Buddy/Traing Partner/Coach sought - 1st Feb 2013 9:29pm
thnx alot for your reply, but with being unemployed as well as somwat disabled with sciatica,i would not be able to afford anything like that.

THNX ANYWAY
Posted By: rossie Re: Gym Buddy/Traing Partner/Coach sought - 2nd Feb 2013 8:24am
The first visit is the most difficult but after that if you go at the same time each day you will quickly find that you have a buddy.most people say hallo or grin or something. You will be fine. Have a look at wirral health website or their stall in birkenhead market there are options apart from e uropa.good luck.
Posted By: eggandchips Re: Gym Buddy/Traing Partner/Coach sought - 2nd Feb 2013 9:25am
why not start with swimming?
Originally Posted by spgb1a
thnx alot for your reply, but with being unemployed as well as somwat disabled with sciatica,i would not be able to afford anything like that.

THNX ANYWAY
© Wirral-Wikiwirral