Forums
Posted By: Davey_Martin Photographers? - 16th Jan 2013 11:07pm
Should be taking receipt of my new camera tomorrow and would like to find other people locally who are into photography.

It's coming with a 10-20mm wide angle lens so landscapes and quirky architectural shots will be the main stay until i can afford more lenses. Next on my list is either the 50mm or 85mm nikon lens (depends how impatient i get to which one i end up with)!
Posted By: El_Aych Re: Photographers? - 17th Jan 2013 5:52am
Fancy that. What you getting?
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Photographers? - 17th Jan 2013 7:05am
Fancy what? Lol

Nikon D7000 :-) Are you a photographer?
Posted By: davew3 Re: Photographers? - 17th Jan 2013 10:30am
Nikon D7000 is a lovely camera, I know as I bought one last year, was trying to get a spare battery from the 7 day shop but it appears postman pat has put them on the banned list so I'am waiting for 7day to let me know , £12.99 instead of £50,so will hang on, Iam not a photographer but I enjoy taking pictures.

The most photographed area I know is around Fort Perch Rock and the lighthouse, we see groups of people and ones on their own, I get the pleasure of taking photo's inside the fort, being a volunteer for it.
Posted By: sam_w Re: Photographers? - 17th Jan 2013 11:29am
Nice setup, Im a canon user my self and have always fancied a 10-20mm lens smile enjoy.
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Photographers? - 17th Jan 2013 1:45pm
im a canon owner, i did look at the Nikon range a few years back but found the onboard canon software much quicker to understand and use.

As for 10-20mm lens , the canon is superb. a lens i find iuse a lot though is the standard 18-50mm lens that came with it,

either way if u choose canon or nikon im sure you will not regret getting either once you get your head round it wink
Posted By: 2005wireman Re: Photographers? - 17th Jan 2013 2:32pm
Davey try getting over to warrington there is some loverly places where you can get some good pics. Ive got some good one of Lymn Dam & step grand children
Posted By: Bradinho Re: Photographers? - 17th Jan 2013 4:17pm
Hi, we get lots of photographers at RSPB Burton Mere Wetlands

And its not just birds ppl photograph see our Flickr page http://www.flickr.com/groups/1669975@N23/

Also, if you visit you'll be hard pressed to go around w/o seeing somebody else with a camera!
Posted By: davew3 Re: Photographers? - 17th Jan 2013 5:03pm
Sorry people , I seem to have given the impression I was selling New Brighton to Davey, no way, we live in a superb area for photography, so there's no excuse to say I got nothing to photograph, good luck and enjoy.
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Photographers? - 17th Jan 2013 6:06pm
Thanks for the heads up people, yea, I might go for a little drive on Saturday and see wot I find, unfortunately being made to wait up until Tuesday for my tripod to arrive but can still have a mess around tomorrow!

The 10-20mm lens is the Sigma 3.5, came highly recommended. Warrington sounds like an idea, I may have to take a little drive over there too!

Thanks bradinho, I'll have a mosey at the link!

Are wide angle lenses any good for wild life photography? What lenses do u all use?
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Photographers? - 17th Jan 2013 6:09pm
Yea Dave, I knew what you meant! :-) I live between port sunlight/Eastham woods/Bromborough woods so no reason for me not to get pics!
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: Photographers? - 17th Jan 2013 6:11pm
Originally Posted by Davey_Martin
The 10-20mm lens is the Sigma 3.5, came highly recommended.

Great lens. I use one for all my Urban exploration and night stuff. It hardly leaves the camera. Its noticeably sharper than the Tamron and Nikon lenses I have.
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Photographers? - 17th Jan 2013 6:20pm
cheers kevin, i had originally ordered the camera with the tokina 16-24mm but apparently that has been discontinued and the place i got the camera from didn't have a supplier with any in stock! i'm sure i won't be disappointed! what body do u use?
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: Photographers? - 17th Jan 2013 9:10pm
I have a Nikon D5000. The pictures look great from it. It is not worth much now but I would have to spend a fortune if I wanted to buy a camera that captures noticeably better images than it does.
Posted By: Mark Re: Photographers? - 17th Jan 2013 9:46pm
camera Just a quick note for you guys, ive got planned a photography competition coming in the next few weeks. Watch out for that being posted. And you could win a Years Members Ship wink

Mark
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Photographers? - 17th Jan 2013 9:57pm
i can imagine, kevin! well if anybody fancies coming along to take some pics let me know! would be good to see peoples' different styles!

cheers mark, will hope to get something to show!
Posted By: ChrisJ Re: Photographers? - 17th Jan 2013 10:43pm
I'll look out for that, should be interesting...
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Photographers? - 18th Jan 2013 4:37pm
My stuff came :-) happy days!!

Attached picture image.jpg
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Photographers? - 18th Jan 2013 5:39pm
great time to get out and give it a whirl !

dont be afraid to use it under manual settings , its the only way to learn wink
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Photographers? - 18th Jan 2013 6:59pm
Definitely, unfortunately tonight is out the question but first thing tomorrow morning I may wander down the woods or port sunlight.

I intend to learn it inside out so will deffo be using it with manual settings :-)

Posted By: yewgarth Re: Photographers? - 19th Jan 2013 2:59am
I use an old Nikon D70. A brilliant camera and tough as old boots! Only 6 mega pixels but the pic's blow up pin sharp to A3. This camera's been dropped, kicked and dipped over the years and I'd never part with it.

Attached picture EPV0626.JPG
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: Photographers? - 19th Jan 2013 4:49pm
Originally Posted by Davey_Martin
My stuff came :-) happy days!!

Excellent. Now you need to learn some post production techniques like how to rotate the image. laugh Seriously though, the D7000 is a great camera. One of my mates has one. It is apparently very good for low light stuff because you can get away with shooting at higher iso values (cameras sensitivity to light setting) without getting grainy noise in the pictures. That tripod looks very sturdy too.

Nice picture yewgarth. Is that Egypt?.

Posted By: yewgarth Re: Photographers? - 19th Jan 2013 7:19pm
Nice picture yewgarth. Is that Egypt?.

No, Valletta Harbour.
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Photographers? - 20th Jan 2013 6:51am
blimey yewgarth, well made then? certainly feels solid! that pic looks really crisp!

haha, not sure how it ended up rotated to that position! it's in portrait on my computer, should've checked it after i uploaded/posted it :-\

i had the camera out last night for some cheap shots, mainly just to see how things worked.... i did get some light trails on the motorway down raby mere but it was fairly quiet... i literally got out the car and a police car flew up... if only i'd been 1 minute sooner! lol

Attached picture 12quays.jpg
Attached picture random.jpg
Posted By: benton Re: Photographers? - 22nd Mar 2013 5:02am
Actually I am here for getting some suggestion for buying a camera, first please tell me should I buy a old camera, if yes then tell me how much I should pay for it. this is the model of Nikon camera Nikon D600. thanks in advance.

© Wirral-Wikiwirral