Forums
Posted By: Gregc Sailors wanted for yacht crew. - 27th Dec 2012 11:11pm
Yacht crew wanted for 38ft racing yacht based on the mersey. Experience not essential but a commitment and good level of fitness is. We race with a mixed crew of upto 12 - all ages!

We are a relatively new yacht sailing on the mersey and over the spring and summer months do some of the bigger offshore events (including Royal Ocean Racing Club / big regattas and other events).

We have a core crew of around 5 but need more people to race the Sunday series on the river. We race roughly 3 hours each Sunday (tides permitting). Please inbox me for more details.
Posted By: kamikazi Re: Sailors wanted for yacht crew. - 28th Dec 2012 3:15pm
What a great opportunity!

K
Posted By: SirTankWelder Re: Sailors wanted for yacht crew. - 28th Dec 2012 7:58pm
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Sailors wanted for yacht crew. - 28th Dec 2012 8:16pm
A great offer Gregc. If I lived a bit nearer, I'd gladly help/hinder !!
Posted By: Sneezy Re: Sailors wanted for yacht crew. - 28th Dec 2012 8:36pm
Wish I was younger and a lot fitter.....I'd give it a go !! smile
Posted By: chief Re: Sailors wanted for yacht crew. - 28th Dec 2012 9:20pm
Hi, interested in being part of the crew on your yacht, I have some experience, would appreciate it if you could forward onto me more details. Best wishes.
Posted By: MarkH Re: Sailors wanted for yacht crew. - 29th Dec 2012 12:11am
Hello - I tried to send you a message but could not, would you be able to drop me an email? I am keen and have a wide variety of experience - [email protected] - thanks, Mark
Posted By: justlookin Re: Sailors wanted for yacht crew. - 29th Dec 2012 3:16pm
Hi, I'm very interested in crewing on your yacht. I have some experience on a sigma 33. Could you please send some details to [email protected] -cheers jason.
Posted By: chief Re: Sailors wanted for yacht crew. - 29th Dec 2012 5:09pm
Tried to make contact on several occasions, interested in your offer to crew your yacht, please email me on [email protected] regards.pete
Posted By: SirTankWelder Re: Sailors wanted for yacht crew. - 29th Dec 2012 7:29pm
This thread is a good one . every tom dick and harry wants to go crewing on a 38ft racing yacht,no experience needed....

First question ......What is the 1:10:1 rule ?

Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Sailors wanted for yacht crew. - 29th Dec 2012 7:50pm
1-10-1 rule is cold water survival if memory serves.
Posted By: Santos Re: Sailors wanted for yacht crew. - 29th Dec 2012 8:53pm
1 minute to get your breathing under control before attempting to get out, 10 minutes of useful efforts at escape before you run out of energy,then 1 hour before your heart stops.
Posted By: chipppie Re: Sailors wanted for yacht crew. - 29th Dec 2012 8:56pm
Can you send me some details on this as I'm on the new Brighton lifeboat and might give it a go email [email protected] thanks mike
Posted By: DJDuck Re: Sailors wanted for yacht crew. - 30th Dec 2012 12:09am
Hi Greg,

Got a friend doing the Clipper 15/16 Round the World Race, she might me interested as a "warm up".. send me you e-mail / phone number.

Cheers

Rich
Posted By: MrBrightside Re: Sailors wanted for yacht crew. - 31st Dec 2012 9:59am
Hi there, Very interested too. I used to be a bouson and 3rd mate on a 76ft Ketch for OYT North West. Got my RYA sea survival and power boat level 1. Would be great to get my musto's out again! Give me a email on here or [email protected] . Many thanks
Posted By: MrBrightside Re: Sailors wanted for yacht crew. - 3rd Jan 2013 9:13am
Any one heard back??
Posted By: jen_201 Re: Sailors wanted for yacht crew. - 3rd Jan 2013 12:48pm
Hi Greg

I've got some sailing experience and would be keen to get involved crewing at the weekends. Tried to inbox you but think you've reached your limit. Feel free to send me a message. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks Jen
Posted By: MrBrightside Re: Sailors wanted for yacht crew. - 7th Jan 2013 8:34am
Greg you havent fallen over board mate have you!?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Sailors wanted for yacht crew. - 7th Jan 2013 9:17am
I would have thought that he might have had the courtesy to reply to at least one of the offers by now. Assuming of course it's a genuine request ??
Posted By: MrBrightside Re: Sailors wanted for yacht crew. - 7th Jan 2013 3:20pm
Yup agreed, would love to get back in sailing again! I may just go down the the marina and look on the boards for crew!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral