Forums
Posted By: Headcoat_TheMrs cheap badminton - 21st Jun 2012 2:35pm
Hi all....My bloke and I go to play badminton at leasowe rec once a week. Nothing too serious, ( as long as I win ) we just go for a bit of a laugh and get our old tickers working a bit. I usually pay just over a fiver coz I've got an Active card but now I'm no longer entitled the price is gonna shoot up to over £11.00 !!!
Anyone know of anywhere cheap we can still play. Don't really want to join a club, as I say its just something that my bloke and I enjoy
Many thanks
TheMrs
Posted By: j_demo Re: cheap badminton - 21st Jun 2012 2:45pm
that rec. centre by tesco in bidston... try there???

otherwise the tennis club by asda in liscard might have one or 2 badminton courts... but i'm not sure on that.
Posted By: Headcoat_TheMrs Re: cheap badminton - 21st Jun 2012 2:48pm
We tried the one by Tesco and its about the same price. Might try the one by Asda tho thanks smile

TheMrs
Posted By: eggandchips Re: cheap badminton - 21st Jun 2012 3:12pm
try leasowe recreation centre
Posted By: Headcoat_TheMrs Re: cheap badminton - 21st Jun 2012 3:17pm
Originally Posted by eggandchips
try leasowe recreation centre

As I said in my 1st post that is where we usually go

TheMrs
Posted By: eggandchips Re: cheap badminton - 21st Jun 2012 3:22pm
oops, message to self... put ya bloody specs on !!!
Posted By: Headcoat_TheMrs Re: cheap badminton - 21st Jun 2012 3:32pm
cool
Posted By: Touchstone Re: cheap badminton - 21st Jun 2012 3:39pm
I think Weatherhead School on Breck Road used to have cheap sessions in the evening. They may still do, so worth a check. Also, I think St. Andrews Church in New Brighton have some sort of badminton going on at their community centre in Rake Lane.
Posted By: lau2908 Re: cheap badminton - 21st Jun 2012 4:10pm
Originally Posted by Headcoat_TheMrs
We tried the one by Tesco and its about the same price. Might try the one by Asda tho thanks smile

TheMrs

badminton off peak is about 6 pound there smile thats the peak time you were given
Posted By: Headcoat_TheMrs Re: cheap badminton - 21st Jun 2012 5:01pm
Originally Posted by lau2908

TheMrs

badminton off peak is about 6 pound there smile thats the peak time you were given

I presume peak time is in the evening then? wouldn't be able to go during the day as we both work
Posted By: deano_mc Re: cheap badminton - 21st Jun 2012 5:11pm
Woodchurch high school have a sports centre and I believe the prices are good
Posted By: reddragon Re: cheap badminton - 21st Jun 2012 5:19pm
If you are on benefits apply for a wirral passport at wirral leisure up to 50% off some activities hope this helps
Posted By: Headcoat_TheMrs Re: cheap badminton - 21st Jun 2012 6:34pm
Thanks all

Just checked Woodchurch high school and theirs is £7.75 for the hour. Better than what we are going to have to pay. May give them a call or will check a few closer schools

reddragon I did have the passport thats why I was only paying just over a fiver. Dont think I will be getting tax credits again tho so cant renew it frown

We get told all the time to get up and get active but just to play badminton once a week for a month is nearly £45 ! Not really motivating eh

TheMrs
Posted By: baconbutty Re: cheap badminton - 27th Jun 2012 5:29pm
Hi just saw an advert in the globe that might interest you. Upton victory hall badminton would like to welcome players of all standards. Very friendly. Club night Mon 8_10 . and Tuesday 7:30 _ 10. Contact 0151 632 0789. I think the price to use any of the facilities is a disgrace especially when people are.
Struggling financially and can't afford to eat as well as they should but hey that's just me.
Posted By: reddragon Re: cheap badminton - 27th Jun 2012 10:56pm
Thanks all

Just checked Woodchurch high school and theirs is £7.75 for the hour. Better than what we are going to have to pay. May give them a call or will check a few closer schools

reddragon I did have the passport thats why I was only paying just over a fiver. Dont think I will be getting tax credits again tho so cant renew it frown
hiya your over your pms can you empty your pm box please

We get told all the time to get up and get active but just to play badminton once a week for a month is nearly £45 ! Not really motivating eh

TheMrs

hiya your over your pms can you empty your pm box please
Posted By: Headcoat_TheMrs Re: cheap badminton - 28th Jun 2012 5:53am
Emptied smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral