Forums
Posted By: gingevans What you might see in the night sky - 12th Apr 2012 5:28pm
Hi. I've decided to get the telescope out tonight to do some stargazing as it will be a fairly clear night. One thing i'l be looking for will be the I.S.S passing in front of Mars at around 10:10pm. You may get to see it with the naked eye, or a a pair of binoculars. Mars will be high in the sky & in the east,glowing red.The I.S.S rises in the west at 10:07pm, setting in the east 6 mins later- so you will have to be quick.
If you do have a half decent telescope, you maybe able to focus on Mars to see one of it's poles- but that's not till around midnight.
Hope to get some photo's tonight, will post any good ones. I am a novice at astrophotography, so fingers crossed crazy

edit Tonight = 13/04/2012
That will be intresting gingevans,
I will keep an eye out for that also.Be good if you can get some pics to share with us peeps x
Correction to my last post. It will pass over at 11:05 tonight & 10:10 tomorrow.Sorry for the mix-up.
Posted By: Raven61 Re: What you might see in the night sky tonight. - 12th Apr 2012 6:42pm
Here's an interesting site that shows you what's happening in the sky each night.

http://earthsky.org/tonight/follow-the-arc-to-arcturus
I got home last night about 11.10pm and saw the brightest star I had ever seen.anyone know what it was?
Posted By: Raven61 Re: What you might see in the night sky tonight. - 12th Apr 2012 8:47pm
It was likely to have been Venus.
Originally Posted by Raven61
It was likely to have been Venus.

Thank you Raven
Hi I think I saw it tonight, like a moving star
© Wirral-Wikiwirral