Forums
Posted By: Moonstar Hinges - 1st Mar 2012 7:33pm
My bathroom cabinet hinges are giving up the ghost. They are similar to kitchen cupboard hinges but one end is a plastic circular piece that fits into a hole on one side with the metal link and adjustments the other. The plastic has become brittle and snapped against the pressure of the metal part.

In short I need to know where I can find this type of hinge. If anyone can advise I would bemost grateful.
Posted By: surykata Re: Hinges - 1st Mar 2012 7:46pm
Hi Moonstar,the hinges you are looking for are called blum hinges,they are a very common hinge and they come sprung and unsprung, can i suggest robert bernard the ironmongers in oxton road birkenhead.I am most certain they can help you tel 0151 652 3136 hope this helps you.
Posted By: saltytom Re: Hinges - 1st Mar 2012 8:00pm
Howells Rake lane / B&Q any good diy some bathroom cabinets do have a shorter reach if that fails go g---g-e

Posted By: Moonstar Re: Hinges - 1st Mar 2012 8:42pm
Many thanks Surykata and Saltytom - tried B&Q, right size wrong type (not enough crank). Forgot about Bernards - I love that shop - will try them tomorrow.
Posted By: surykata Re: Hinges - 1st Mar 2012 8:47pm
Your welcome.
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Hinges - 2nd Mar 2012 3:52pm
No joy today I am afraid so that's it for the local area. Internet my only bet now unless I can find an engineering place to sort it out.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral