Forums
Posted By: 8HBob Merseyside Maritime Museum - 28th Dec 2011 3:58pm
We met some friends in liverpool & I suggested that we had lunch in the 'posh' cafe on the 4th floor. Anyway,about 40 minutes after ordering, my fish & chips turned up. This consisted of a nice piece of battered haddock, a large spoonful of mushy peas & eight chips. as this cost £8.25 I naturally complained & about ten minutes later the waitress re-appeared with small bowl of chips.
We certainly won't be eating there again.

Bob.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Merseyside Maritime Museum - 28th Dec 2011 4:27pm
Thanks for the heads up this Bob. On my next visit down I was intending to visit the joint. I will certainly avoid the "caff".
Will they let you eat your own jam butty and wipe your nose on the table cloth I wonder ??
Posted By: bert1 Re: Merseyside Maritime Museum - 28th Dec 2011 4:43pm
How ungrateful of you Bob, there's a hard working businessman who doesn't give a toss about profits but cares enough as not to send your cholesterol sky high wink wink
Posted By: dave_h Re: Merseyside Maritime Museum - 28th Dec 2011 5:16pm
robbing barstard
Posted By: Historybook Re: Merseyside Maritime Museum - 28th Dec 2011 5:44pm
Not been to the LMM for quite a few years now, i seem to recal that there where bouncers on the cafe door when i wanted a cup of tea, my face didn't fit so i was asked to leave !!.
Posted By: mikethetrainman Re: Merseyside Maritime Museum - 28th Dec 2011 8:43pm
Originally Posted by 8HBob
We met some friends in liverpool & I suggested that we had lunch in the 'posh' cafe on the 4th floor. Anyway,about 40 minutes after ordering, my fish & chips turned up. This consisted of a nice piece of battered haddock, a large spoonful of mushy peas & eight chips. as this cost £8.25 I naturally complained & about ten minutes later the waitress re-appeared with small bowl of chips.
We certainly won't be eating there again.

Bob.
BOB bob!, everyone knows the 40 minute wait was the poor waitress trying to catch your fish from the albert dock! and the chef had to pick his ears to get the spud,s! hence ONLY 8 chips! 4 each ear! and as for the mushy peas?? ARE you sure it was peas??. OH as for the price somone forgot and put a decimel point it should have been £825 so your lucky!.ME and my wife will go next week for a meal! oh i nearly forgot i will be taking a AK47 and lets see if they give us the same sh*t the thieving bast**ds!. Seriously im sorry you had a bad time next time why not eat over here on the WIRRAL!? its a better PLAICE! cheers..MIKE. wink
Posted By: paxvobiscum Re: Merseyside Maritime Museum - 28th Dec 2011 11:46pm
Originally Posted by Pinzgauer
Will they let you eat your own jam butty and wipe your nose on the table cloth I wonder ??

Last time I went to Albert Dock I took a packed lunch and sat on a bench at the back of the Maritime Museum facing the sun and time before on a seat in the foyer of The Tate.

In Liverpool I usually eat in the Egg Cafe(go up Bold St and turn left at Oxfam shop and cafe upstairs among shops)on right hand side of road or get beef and ale pie and chips in the Crown in Lime St and sit upstairs as it's quiet there.Both cheap and ok.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral