Forums
Posted By: detsi Crime fiction - 14th Sep 2011 8:27am
I am a big fan of crime fiction novels. I am bang up up date with the authors Michael Connelly, Lee Child, Robert Crais and Dennis Lehane and I have enjoyed lots of others including James Lee Burke and Harlan Coben. But my absolute favourite is R J Ellory. I was wondering if anyone could recommend an author whose work is of a comparative style to his.
Posted By: GrandMasterFlash Re: Crime fiction - 14th Sep 2011 8:53am
I like a few of them so you might like Jeffrey Deaver, especially the Lincoln Rhyme ones, oo and Nelson DeMille, the John Corey ones if you also want to laugh your a** off grin
Posted By: detsi Re: Crime fiction - 14th Sep 2011 6:33pm
Hi GMF, I've read some Jeffery Deaver and found him ok. I've been told that John Hart is pretty good. Any comments?
Posted By: GrandMasterFlash Re: Crime fiction - 14th Sep 2011 6:36pm
Oo not heard of him! Just googled it and don't recognise any of the books, sorry!

Oh yeah there's Dick Francis too, have only read one of his but it was good! Not sure if they're similar but I like some of the ones you've said so I assume our tastes might be a bit similar tease
Posted By: detsi Re: Crime fiction - 14th Sep 2011 6:43pm
I think that the comparison is that Ellory and Hart both write 'stand alone' novels as opposed to the central character themes that a lot of the writers use. Lincoln Rhyme being an example. I find that if you do not read these chronologically it spoils the story a bit.
Posted By: GrandMasterFlash Re: Crime fiction - 14th Sep 2011 6:47pm
Ooh right okay, I can't think of any like that off the top of my head but I know what you mean. Will let ya know if I think of one!
Posted By: Wench Re: Crime fiction - 14th Sep 2011 8:52pm
I think there's a similar thread running somewhere but I don't have the time or the brainpower right now to look for it. It depends what kind of crime you like.

I read Jeffrey Deaver, Mark Billingham, Karin Slaughter, Karen Rose, Greg Hurwitz, Meg Gardner, Mo Hayder, James Patterson, Kathy Reichs, Alex Cross, Tess Gerritsen - there's a few more but I can't be bothered hobbling to the bedroom to look for the others frown

If I remember any of the others I'll add them to the list smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral