Forums
Posted By: baldybrewer Wild camping - 11th Aug 2011 5:56pm
Has anyone done this and could recommend somewhere to go the kids are pestering to camp in the wild away from any mod cons bear grills has a lot to answer for smile
Posted By: poodlepup Re: Wild camping - 11th Aug 2011 6:08pm
Only ever been to one place in wales,somewhere up on the Berwyn mountains,i don't think its allowed in england and wales officially you have to seek landowners permition.
However scotland allows you to wild camp within reason,some rules to follow.
Have a google i'm sure you will find somewhere.
Posted By: baldybrewer Re: Wild camping - 11th Aug 2011 6:22pm
Thanks poodlepub I have googled it but its very vauge in the info I know it is illegal in england and wales but scotland is too far to travel for now in case the kids get technology withdrawals and need there fix just asked here in case anyone knew of somewhere localish so I could give the kids a taste the back garden isnt wild enough for them smile
Posted By: ponytail Re: Wild camping - 11th Aug 2011 8:05pm
I have never done this yet - but it is possible around Snowdon as the mountains are high and you are away from the beaten track. Also there were quite a few doing this in the lake district - again high up in the mountains. Don't know of anywhere local though. The kids must be prepared to walk at least an hour away from the main roads and be prepared to freeze on the mountains! Been tempted a few times to find a secluded beach around the Welsh coast.
Posted By: baldybrewer Re: Wild camping - 11th Aug 2011 8:22pm
The kids know there will be a long walk and it will be cold and loads of wierd creepy crawlies but they are still excited to go I have been looking at llandudno and snowden but thanks for the input
Posted By: Bimbo Re: Wild camping - 11th Aug 2011 9:06pm
we go over to Formby beech somtimes rozzas move you though so prob no good for kids.shame
Posted By: MarathonMan Re: Wild camping - 11th Aug 2011 9:15pm
Wild camping is not as fun as it sounds for the kids, it can be done in Snowdonia I have done it loads of times but best to pitch late at night and pack up early. And I would definatley not have a camp fire, small camping stove only. Ive never had any problem.
If you want to check out this web site Click here
it lists camp sites that allow campfires, and some are just fields which allow camping.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral