Forums
Posted By: davew3 Need some volunteers at Perch Rock - 31st May 2011 7:46pm
Perch Rock Marine Radio museum needs some volunteers to come and help out over the school holidays and whenever, if you have any spare time and enjoy talking about and answering questions on the ins and out of the Fort, it's history and answering visitor questions on the fort, the history of New Brighton, the Mersey shipping, the Wirral, how far is the fort from Liverpool/timbucktoo etc from the visitors, the radio part is easy as the guys that run the museum are ex marine radio officers/radio hams, Marconi trained and will be looking after the equipment and will tell you all need to know what to tell the visitors about the working radar and the marine radio exhibits , I won't tell you about the views from the museum or where in the fort it is laugh
Posted By: Geekus Re: Need some volunteers at Perch Rock - 31st May 2011 7:57pm
Who should people contact if they are interested?
Posted By: davew3 Re: Need some volunteers at Perch Rock - 31st May 2011 8:10pm
You can email me and I will pass it on or if you pop down to the fort on Thursday the guy you need to talk to is Stan, I know he's going down on Thursday but I don't know what time but I can email him, I will be there on Friday I usually go about 11 ish, but as I'm a volunteer, Stan is da man.
Posted By: kermit Re: Need some volunteers at Perch Rock - 31st May 2011 8:13pm
Have you tried contacting the volunteer centre on 0151 203 2111 Ext 310 and then any one that is interested in that kind of volunteering will be passed your details to contact you.
Posted By: davew3 Re: Need some volunteers at Perch Rock - 31st May 2011 8:18pm
Thanks for that idea will contact them tomorrow.
Posted By: kermit Re: Need some volunteers at Perch Rock - 31st May 2011 8:37pm
Originally Posted by davew3
Thanks for that idea will contact them tomorrow.
your welcome if you speak to Matt he will be able to help you I am sure.
Posted By: davew3 Re: Need some volunteers at Perch Rock - 1st Jun 2011 9:58pm
Contacted Stan who rang up, so thanks people, for info Stan says he will be at the fort tomorrow/Thursday at 1330hrs.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral