Forums
Posted By: jabber_Ish to chuck a fluff - 6th May 2011 6:12pm
well with time limited this week again ive opted to have a mornings fluff chucking at this place with a freind

http://www.meadowfishery.co.uk/

we've been here before and out of the 3 lakes on site i much prefer this one

http://www.meadowfishery.co.uk/meadow.html

its far more challenging than the other two which are nearly always full of chaps whacking out great big fluffy things and thrashing the place to a foam

the lake has lovely trout in (so the inlaws say who i take them for) to an average of 3lbs but plenty of bigger fish present. It also contains a few enormous great grasscarp too which would be entertaining on light kit up to the point where everything parts

forecast is for warm overcast and light winds....hohohoh i can see casting being fun
fingers crossed for a whacker

has anyone else ever fished here ?
Posted By: spider Re: to chuck a fluff - 7th May 2011 1:46pm
hi,parranoid ballon,bandycoot and myself have fished here a couple of times last year.we didnt do too well and what we did get tasted muddy.Its in nice settings though and you do have choice of lakes.We have not renewed our licences this year for some reason.Best of luck though on your trip.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: to chuck a fluff - 7th May 2011 2:14pm
The ones I got were tasteless, yours might have been muddy.
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: to chuck a fluff - 7th May 2011 4:51pm
i had 3 fish but lost one , the 2 i had both were about 2 lbs and have already gone to the inlaws

was really nice to get out and fly fish again even if it didnt stop pissing down
Posted By: Capt_America Re: to chuck a fluff - 8th May 2011 10:34pm
I have posted this before. Its about £20 a trip to Meadow, its £47 a year for Hoylake Flyfishing Club and members get a £4 quid discount to Meadow every trip, if put and take fishing is your thing. HFF have still waters as well as rivers, well worth checking out this link.
http://www.h-f-f.co.uk/default.html
Posted By: Tatey Re: to chuck a fluff - 9th May 2011 6:03am
When I saw "chuck a fluff" I thought we were back to dogging again!
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: to chuck a fluff - 9th May 2011 6:20am
thx for the link captain
Posted By: Capt_America Re: to chuck a fluff - 9th May 2011 5:08pm
As a former committee member I can recomend any Wiki member who is interested. Still got all the river season left until the 17th October and all those still waters!
Posted By: tankrat22 Re: to chuck a fluff - 16th May 2011 6:57am
Hi guys, im more sea angling tha fluff chucker, however i recently inherited Hardy jet fly rod,built november 1968,its in exceptional condition.Does anyone have any idea of value?.cheers
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: to chuck a fluff - 16th May 2011 7:03am
hard to say really

some hardy models are really collectable and attain a good price where others not so collected

On a good day at auction (or fleabay) u can get a couple of hundred quid for a collectable hardy rod

Theres one on ebay currently for 170

Posted By: tankrat22 Re: to chuck a fluff - 16th May 2011 7:36am
thanks jabber,same rod ive just had a look.Better get it flogged,only gathering dust. thanks again cheers
© Wirral-Wikiwirral