Forums
Posted By: Wench This years Egg Run! - 15th Mar 2009 12:49pm
If anyone fancies trying their hand at being a Marshal at this years Egg Run, there is a meeting for it today at the HyperBaric Centre at the Murrayfield in Heswall today at 2:30.

The meeting will last approximately 45 minutes and will tell you all you need to know!!

I know it's short notice, but if anyone fancies volunteering and can't make today, let me know and I'll give you all the details.

The more the merrier and it's a fantastic day thumbsup
Posted By: MrHouston Re: This years Egg Run! - 15th Mar 2009 2:47pm
I went at 10:30 this morning for my breifing;

Here are the times of the other sessions, but you only need to goto one

These’s briefing sessions will be held over two days but you will only be required to attend one session. The sessions are as Follows :-

For stewards!

Sunday 15th March @ 10:30 am

Sunday 15th March @ 11:30 am

Sunday 15th March @ 12:30 am

Friday 20th March @ 6:30 pm

Friday 20th March @ 7:30 pm
Posted By: SoundLad Re: This years Egg Run! - 15th Mar 2009 2:48pm
Wearing my Eggrun badge with pride happy its a great event... 29th march peeps happy
Posted By: Wench Re: This years Egg Run! - 15th Mar 2009 7:33pm
YAY you two happy

I was lucky enough to see the Air Ambulance land when I was there this afternoon - amazing sight!

If anyone needs any more details, then let me know and I'll pass on the email addy you will need to send an email to.

Posted By: MrHouston Re: This years Egg Run! - 15th Mar 2009 11:03pm
I was hoping i'd see the helicopter land but didn't make an appearence, that was the first time i've been to Murreyfields!

Posted By: Wench Re: This years Egg Run! - 15th Mar 2009 11:05pm
They weren't sure if it was going to be the normal Air Ambulance or a Sea King at first. It's very peaceful down there - just an absolute ar$e of a place to get to if you don't have a car or bike.
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: This years Egg Run! - 15th Mar 2009 11:30pm
i,ll be out taking shots smile camera wink
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: This years Egg Run! - 17th Mar 2009 5:44pm
I'm booked for Friday briefing.
Posted By: Wench Re: This years Egg Run! - 17th Mar 2009 6:28pm
Thanks Softy thumbsup I got an email off Dave this morning saying that a few people had signed up from here. It's all good publicity for both the Egg Run and Wiki clap
Posted By: Anonymous Re: This years Egg Run! - 26th Mar 2009 11:19am
Originally Posted by Robbo_theMan
i,ll be out taking shots smile camera wink

withthat withstupid camera camera
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: This years Egg Run! - 27th Mar 2009 8:12am
Has everyone been told where they are positioned? I went to the briefing last Friday and haven't heard yet? I did e mail Dave yesterday but still nothing. frown
Posted By: golfvr Re: This years Egg Run! - 27th Mar 2009 8:38am
And keep an eye out for me at the front as usual in my Chicken suit smile

Getting a bike supplied by Marriots too . (get me)
Posted By: Sanchez Re: This years Egg Run! - 27th Mar 2009 8:40am
lol, I'll be in it this year too, as today im going for my cbt smile
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: This years Egg Run! - 27th Mar 2009 10:05am
what the hell are u riding andy???
i will be watching for the legion in moreton
Posted By: Wench Re: This years Egg Run! - 27th Mar 2009 10:13am
Good Luck Sanchez!!

Attached picture Good-Luck_300.jpg
Posted By: Snodvan Re: This years Egg Run! - 27th Mar 2009 11:00am
Weather (and the Mrs) permitting I intend to crank up the scooter and join the ride. However, I admit to being a nesh old git and if it is cold, rainy etc . . . I may chicken out

Snod
Posted By: MissGuided Re: This years Egg Run! - 27th Mar 2009 11:12am
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Sanchez Re: This years Egg Run! - 27th Mar 2009 8:00pm
awww thanks J, i'll keep my eye out for you shawn
Posted By: Wench Re: This years Egg Run! - 27th Mar 2009 8:00pm
WELL!!!??!!! Did you pass??
Posted By: MrHouston Re: This years Egg Run! - 28th Mar 2009 12:22am
Anybody heard anything from any of the organisers?

I've emailed the 3 contacts that I have yet still don't know where I am positioned nor have I had my steward jacket delivered :s

Anybody got any phone numbers?
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: This years Egg Run! - 28th Mar 2009 7:45am
Originally Posted by MrHouston

I've emailed the 3 contacts that I have yet still don't know where I am positioned nor have I had my steward jacket delivered :s

Mmmmm interesting as I've been asking the same. I've got my jacket which I got at the briefing but, like you, I don't know where I am.
I've got some phone numbers on the card I was given at the briefing - I'll PM them to you.

Posted By: Wench Re: This years Egg Run! - 28th Mar 2009 9:47am
I'd been put on the wrong list think The only number I've got is Dave Morrison. If I don't get a response to my email by the end of today, I'll just go down in the morning anyway - Sod It!!

Posted By: MrHouston Re: This years Egg Run! - 28th Mar 2009 11:33am
Originally Posted by Softy_Southerner
Originally Posted by MrHouston

Mmmmm interesting as I've been asking the same. I've got my jacket which I got at the briefing but, like you, I don't know where I am.
I've got some phone numbers on the card I was given at the briefing - I'll PM them to you.

Thanks, will let you know what they say
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: This years Egg Run! - 28th Mar 2009 11:49am
I've heard (e mail) from Graham in the last few hours and he is going to let me know where I am by 5pm today.
Posted By: MrHouston Re: This years Egg Run! - 28th Mar 2009 1:13pm
ah okay, i'll give it until 5 and if I havn't heard anything i'll ring
Posted By: Anonymous Bikers gearing up for 29th annual Wirral Egg Run.. - 28th Mar 2009 1:44pm

Bikers gearing up for 29th annual Wirral Egg Run on Sunday

THOUSANDS of bikers will line up in New Brighton on Sunday for the annual Wirral Egg Run.

The Egg Run, now in its 29th year, is one of Merseyside’s biggest charity events and last year raised £25,000 for Arrowe Park Hospital’s Jellybean Appeal.

The 20-mile Run will start at 11am from Kings Parade/Coastal Drive. Bikers will then make their way through Wallasey Village, on to Leasowe Road and through to Moreton Cross before heading through Hoylake, West Kirby, Caldy and Heswall.

The convoy will then turn on to the Chester High Road and head into Thornton Hough before arriving at Clatter- bridge Hospital.

Egg Run chairman Dave Morrison said: “Last year, nearly 7,500 people took part and we’re hoping for at least the same again.

“We’ve got 100 bike marshals and 150 stewards for the route and everyone is ready to go.”

If anyone doesn't have their instructions by this evening, call into the information tent at New Brighton at about 9 - 9:15am and you will be sorted out. You can pick your vest up from there too happy
ive just rang, he's ringing me back in 30 mins with some info
Is that Graham or Dave M?

If anyone is feeling particularly generous, they are more than welcome to turn up at the Dips for 7:30am to help set up thumbsup
Erm not sure the cheif steward, still not rang me back yet though >.<

Where do people need to be at the dips if we're helping out? I can lend a hand
You won't be able to miss everyone. I think it's the first Dips, by the clown *shudders* roundabout. I'll double check.
Just had a call back, got my position (by trinity road, hoylake) and jackets being delivered shortly

Graham I spoke to, said to get to the dips about 6:30am onwards to help out, i'll be there bright and early lol
Still no delivery lol..

Will have to collect it in the morning
I've still not heard anything either. If they are so disorganised I'll be amazed if it all happens.
To be honest - I'm not impressed.
frown
I received a text saying sorry they couldnt get to me, im going down in the morning to help set up so ill just collect it there
what times kick off in the morning ?

from were to were and where,s the after party lol??? smile
11am "devaaaaaa!!!!" happy
After party is at the Seacombe Ferry. I've just got in now. I'm fooked raftl Cracking day though!! thumbsup
Just headin down to Seacombe Ferry - have a right good nosy at the bikes. Hope everyone had lots of fun and looked good in the costumes. Any pics?
Once I've had a cup of tea, half an hour of doing nothing and a freshen up, I'll be down there myself Gloria.
I'll be hanging around.
So will I - I'm getting hammered and I'm on a promise raftl but not that kind! Got an appointment with a microphone wink
seen them all today going throught wallasey village got lots of pixs there where 1000+ nice turn out only one prod me pix turned out black and white!
just found some pixs

Attached picture XWER091.jpg
Attached picture XWER093.jpg
I just come back home via the rear of voxhauls and there was a big crowd as bikers did wheelies
A few more pics

This was the first time I have participated in an Egg Run. Great fun. All very good natured and a credit to all concerned

Snod

Attached picture DSCF0545.jpg
Attached picture DSCF0546.jpg
Attached picture DSCF0548.jpg
Attached picture DSCF0553.jpg
Attached picture DSCF0559.jpg
wow! muchos bike-os!
I guess the organisers will come up with a reasonable estimate of the number of bikes. I believe last year it was 7,500. Given the BRILLIANT weather today that could easily be exceeded

Snod
a mate of mine has been taking part in these for a few years now.

he estimates 12,000 this year
I think it's safe to say it was 8,000 plus. I'm aching in places I forgot I had today but it was worth every second, as it is every year raftl

The total amount raised should be known by the end of the week-ish.
cool pix dude i missed it but i went bike hunting at 12pm and found a chicken lol pix up Later lol smile
The only time I got chance to take any pictures was at stupid o'clock in the morning before the bikes arrived and silly o'clock in the morning after the beer had arrived raftl

Attached picture Photo0002.jpg
Attached picture Photo0005.jpg
Attached picture Photo0006.jpg
Attached picture Photo0007.jpg
Attached picture Photo0009.jpg
sorry about how late these pictures are.

Pictures are now in the gallery

[Linked Image]

Guess who lol

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
I support the bike run every year and park my company vans on the corner of Moreton shore. I was in Oz this year tho, so sorry i cudnt be there, my bro was there with his missus in the ride!!
"Up the eggs" thats what i say!! Good on them all, 100% support from Wirral.....Bollox to what the orthorities say!!
Originally Posted by Wheels
I just come back home via the rear of voxhauls and there was a big crowd as bikers did wheelies

I think you made this one up mate, we'd never do wheelies there.... LoL
great pics token certainly caught the spirit of things and what a good cause ,its great to see people care so much they put that much effoprt in
© Wirral-Wikiwirral