Forums
Posted By: dodie Wanted mobile phone expert - 9th Mar 2022 10:47am
Needed to transfer all my Apps & data from my old phone to my new mobile phone will pay thanks
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Wanted mobile phone expert - 9th Mar 2022 12:32pm
Is it an Android phone?

If so just make sure you're signed into Google, it should all be automatic.

When you fire up the new phone it will ask you for your Google account then import everything.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Wanted mobile phone expert - 9th Mar 2022 1:51pm
If its an iphone the new phone (if factory reset) guides you through the transfer. Assuming you have your old phone backed up to icloud, you put the phones next to each other and it uses near-field communication to transfer initial settings such as wifi, account etc. It asks a few questions but gets the job done easily, the icloud restore can take time to get lower priority items (eg photos) but if everything is backed up everything comes across including contacts, old texts, old emails, apps etc. Some apps pull their full settings across, some more secure apps don't (eg banks, post office id etc) so you need to log into those again and enable fingeprint/face recognition etc.

If you have limited mobile bandwidth, make sure you are in wifi range.

Biggest disappointment with me was getting a new provider to transfer my old number in, this should be (and in the past has been) simple but it took 3 months to iron out problems recently, I could receive and send texts and make calls but couldn't receive calls when on a mobile signal (fortunately I could receive calls through wifi). The problem had been obfuscated by a faulty mobile mast and a slight fault on a phone at the same as the routing fault, three separate faults which together made no sense.
Posted By: Abakumss Re: Wanted mobile phone expert - 10th Nov 2023 12:31pm
Thanks for such a detailed explanation!
Posted By: Abakumss Re: Wanted mobile phone expert - 10th Nov 2023 12:55pm
In search of a mobile phone expert to help with a smooth transition from the old to the new! Any wizards out there who can share their expertise on transferring apps and data hassle-free? Willing to pay for the wisdom!
Posted By: capitulinagarage Re: Wanted mobile phone expert - 13th Nov 2023 1:22pm
Personally, I ususally use this website https://multitechverse.com/ with useful tech tips and articles....maybe you can also recommend something? Willing to pay for the wisdom! Drop your tips below, and if you're looking for more tech magic. Let's make this phone swap a breeze!
Posted By: casper Re: Wanted mobile phone expert - 19th Nov 2023 8:49am
I am sure you will find a how to guide on youtube.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral