Forums
Posted By: cools Image convertor apps - 24th Mar 2020 3:24pm
I’m having trouble putting any images up on my posts. It says file does not support this , I am looking how I can fix it and a lot of advice on these converter apps which convert to pnf or jpg which it says any images need to be. Me not being very techy and don’t like putting anything on my iPad I’m not sure of am abit wary. Are they ok to install and I assume they free? Help please.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Image convertor apps - 24th Mar 2020 4:31pm
If it called xxxx.jpeg, just rename it to xxxx.jpg
Posted By: cools Re: Image convertor apps - 24th Mar 2020 6:19pm
Too cryptic DD , I wanted to know if I really need one if these apps and are they safe to install. I wish I could name file or whatever jpg or png but it just says file blocked. Thanks anyway.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Image convertor apps - 24th Mar 2020 8:40pm
What type of file is it that you are trying to convert?

A jpeg file and a jpg file are exactly the same thing but Wikiwirral doesn't accept jpeg files so you just rename jpeg files to jpg files then upload them.

All programs in Apple Store are pretty safe, they are checked, however its best not to click on any adverts the program may kick out.
Posted By: cools Re: Image convertor apps - 24th Mar 2020 9:07pm
Think it’s attachment manager..pretty bad at this as you know DD. When I go and try to image up , i press attachment manager, pick my image from my pics and select , it then comes up with message,,,this file type is blocked.The file types you can attach are jpg..png..pdf.
Don’t know enough to know what to do..
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Image convertor apps - 24th Mar 2020 10:09pm
Testing with Iphone

Attached picture 8645DA1C-2079-4E4C-B806-790C2ACCCEE6.png
Attached picture image.jpg
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Image convertor apps - 24th Mar 2020 10:20pm
Mmmm, I had same problem when trying to use a picture from the photo library, unfortunately I don't think you can rename on IOS.

It accepted screenshot because its a png file and lets me use the camera because that is a jpg file, I'm not sure what format its trying to upload from the library I guess its jpeg.
Posted By: Mark Re: Image convertor apps - 24th Mar 2020 10:32pm
. jpeg

Now allowed to be uploaded.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Image convertor apps - 24th Mar 2020 10:35pm
Test iPhone 2

Thanks Mark, that works smile

Attached picture FA0215B3-768D-4391-8C67-1E5E49081665.jpeg
Posted By: cools Re: Image convertor apps - 24th Mar 2020 10:39pm
I’ll try now

Attached picture C6EFBA2F-14BA-4B69-8AA3-8BD631BC8D0C.jpeg
Posted By: cools Re: Image convertor apps - 24th Mar 2020 10:40pm
Yay it works ..thanks Mark and DD ....
Posted By: StellaSimmons Re: Image convertor apps - 17th Mar 2023 6:22am
I need to convert a png photo in text. Any recommendations?
Posted By: StellaSimmons Re: Image convertor apps - 21st Mar 2023 2:51pm
There are various software and online tools available for performing OCR on images. You can use one of them. For example, Adobe Acrobat is a professional PDF editing software that includes OCR capabilities. You can use it to convert your PNG photo to text. Also, if you have the Google Lens app installed on your mobile device, you can use it to extract text from your PNG photo. Simply open the app, point your camera at the PNG photo, and tap on the text you want to extract. You can also use an app from https://smartengines.com/ .
© Wirral-Wikiwirral