Forums
Posted By: fish5133 Personal GPS Trackers - 11th Dec 2019 10:49pm
anyone up on GPS tracking technology? Want to infringe my childs civil liberties (for his own safety) by installing a gps tracker in his favourite coat (as suggested by a police officer). Cheap small ones looked at on ebay only have a short tracking distance and i dont know how often they would need to be charged up. He doesnt have a mobile phone. Would need to be small enough so its not too obvious inside his coat..
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Personal GPS Trackers - 13th Dec 2019 11:57am
Isn't that tending a bit to the paranoid?
Posted By: Fidelio Re: Personal GPS Trackers - 13th Dec 2019 4:44pm
He must be up to some serious naughtiness for you to consider doing such a thing Fish, and why doesn’t he have a mobile phone? That’s almost unprecedented these days.
There’s such a lot to consider before carrying out your plan, such as a life long loss of trust if he finds the device. You must be terribly worried about him and I’m in no position to preach, but have you considered going old school and sitting him down for a good old heart to heart, but you’ve probably done that already haven’t you? I hope it all turns out well for you Fish.
Posted By: BultacoAstro Re: Personal GPS Trackers - 14th Dec 2019 1:21pm
Old people wear going missing with Dementia and Alzhemer,s and never understood why a small tracking device was not fitted to the ones home alone. Most of us have to deal with a rebellious child part of being parents. If you bought a tracking device and it fell out infront of his mates they might think he is a informer for the Police so dont please. Good luck thoe
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Personal GPS Trackers - 18th Dec 2019 10:04am
This is the kind of thing you need. Paranoid parents and carers of the elderly do use them.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TKSTAR-Waterproof-Tracking-Powerful-PS110/dp/B01KX9HFWI?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_1

You're right about the small ones not being great. I bought one for my car keys as I had a spell of leaving them in odd places.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Personal GPS Trackers - 22nd Dec 2019 5:45pm
Didnt want to go too personal about the reasons but there has been the odd occasion when he needed to be found ( not the case of seeing what he is up to) . Its not us being paranoid but now several years of experience in managing at times a difficult situation. Your right Fidelio that has been a main worry (trust) but we have to weigh that in the balance with his at times vulnerability. Might only be needed a few times a year. Could write a book about our escapades !!. Cheers Gibbo will take a look at that.
Posted By: europa1 Re: Personal GPS Trackers - 5th Jan 2020 12:55am
© Wirral-Wikiwirral