Forums
Posted By: fish5133 File Backups Storage On Memory Sticks - 14th Jun 2019 8:36pm
Think i have too many photo graphs and also want to back up certain files. Whats the best and quickest way of doing it, especially photographs.

Have a Pictures Folder which has sub folders in it. Do i have to do each folder separately or can i just save the whole Pictures Folder. Tried copy and paste but it seems to get bogged down. What about drag and drop.

Thank you
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: File Backups Storage On Memory Sticks - 14th Jun 2019 9:02pm
You can do the whole base folder with copy-and-paste or drag-and-drop, they are the same function as far as the system goes. Don't have two copies running at the same time, that can cause a massive slow down.

I've got about 150GB of pictures on my computer, it would take a long time to copy them if that's what I had to do each time. Instead I use a backup program which copies any new files each time I run it. I use syncBack free, it does loads of tricks I use for backing up a lot more than pictures. There are easier programs around.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: File Backups Storage On Memory Sticks - 15th Jun 2019 12:10am
And get an external USB disk drive, they are loads faster than memory sticks.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: File Backups Storage On Memory Sticks - 19th Jun 2019 9:19am
Whatever backup medium you choose, just remember to keep it offsite somewhere.

An external hard drive is no good if its permanently attached to your computer and vulnerable to damage, fire or theft.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral