Forums
Posted By: Dilly Satellite dish - 30th Jan 2019 9:32pm
Anyone recommend someone that can test and repair or replace a dish. I was bought a Humax box at Christmas and when set up it says weak or no signal. Box is brand new but still I had someone test it at their house and it was fine. I have never used the dish before as it was already here when I moved in. Thanks in advance for any help.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Satellite dish - 31st Jan 2019 10:21am
This has had a few recommendations on a Wirral FB page:

http://www.aerialsnorthwest.co.uk

Hopefully its something simple like dish out of alignment or old cable.
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Satellite dish - 31st Jan 2019 12:07pm
Found this interesting:

Can I connect the HDR to my Sky Dish?
If you were a standard Sky+ customer, you will be able to use your existing Sky dish. If you are a Sky Q customer unfortunately your dish is not compatible.

I had no change of dish when changing from Sky+ to Sky Q?

https://uk.humaxdigital.com/product/hdr-1100s/

I must add that I am very confused by all this tech stuff!

Posted By: Dilly Re: Satellite dish - 31st Jan 2019 6:10pm
Cheers folks, I will give that aerial company a ring tomorrow.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Satellite dish - 31st Jan 2019 6:11pm
Sky Q has a different (wideband) LNB on the dish than Sky+
Posted By: Dilly Re: Satellite dish - 31st Jan 2019 7:08pm
I don't have Sky, The box I have is for Freesat, Maybe the dish that is already here is a Sky dish and might not be compatible ?
Posted By: gerrymoore Re: Satellite dish - 1st Feb 2019 8:51am
Hi Brian...I used to fit satellites when I lived in Spain..any dish should work with your humax box. Main thing to check is both ends of the lead...the box sends an 18 volt signal to the LNB to switch horizontal or vertical channels so there must be no shorts between the inner cable and the outside ground.

I still have a satellite signal checker which you are welcome to borrow...let me know and I will drop it down to you.. Gerry Moore
Posted By: Dilly Re: Satellite dish - 1st Feb 2019 11:34am
Cheers Gerry, I will give this company a ring to see if they can come take a look for me, if not I will get back to you on your kind offer. Cheers.
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Satellite dish - 4th Feb 2019 12:30pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
Sky Q has a different (wideband) LNB on the dish than Sky+

Sorry to interlope Dilly!

My Sky dish wasn't touched on changing from Sky+ to Q - so how does that work?
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Satellite dish - 4th Feb 2019 4:09pm
They don't change or move the dish, its a 2 minute job to change the LNB and there are only two cables used from the SkyQ LNB, all the switching is done in the receiver.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral