Forums
Posted By: geprgie260 Old photos - 14th May 2018 5:27pm
Can anyone recommend an app that makes it easy/easier to 'repair' old black and white photos?

What I need is to take away creases, marks, and suchlike so the photo is like new, before they become too damaged to 'repair'. I would rather do it myself as I have a pile to do, unless there is somewhere reasonable I could take them to to have them done?

Thanks.
Posted By: Salmon Re: Old photos - 14th May 2018 7:30pm
Photo Scanner and Photomyne do that but they are not free
Posted By: Snodvan Re: Old photos - 14th May 2018 8:43pm
Photoscape is free and can do a damned good job
Posted By: geprgie260 Re: Old photos - 15th May 2018 5:25am
Thanks very much Salmon and Snodvan, I will have a look at these. I want something I can understand and use without too much 'faffing' around whether that's a paid one or free one!
Posted By: zigzagwanderer Re: Old photos - 15th May 2018 7:47pm
I'll second Snodvan's recommendation , PhotoScape is free & simple to use .
Posted By: bliplandy Re: Old photos - 17th May 2018 12:27pm
Does anyone know of the existence of photographs of the street Rock Park, Bebington circa 1851. In particular houses Numbers 23 and 24? I realise they have probably been pulled down for the freeway, but there may be photos of these probably sandstone houses..
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Old photos - 17th May 2018 4:21pm
Should be some somewhere, 23 & 24 were the two houses facing you when you entered Rock Park from the original North entrance so any showing the original North gateposts would probably have the two houses in the background.
Posted By: bliplandy Re: Old photos - 20th May 2018 2:25am
Thankyou 'Diggingdeeper'. I have located Rock Park Conservation area Approval & Management Plan.pdf which has given me an idea of the beautiful old houses and some history. Numbers 23 and 24 Rock Park still remain illusive, if they still exist? I really need a map of the area in 1851 to find the North gateposts that you suggested as a foreground for the houses.
Posted By: bert1 Re: Old photos - 20th May 2018 6:04am
[Linked Image]
Posted By: bert1 Re: Old photos - 20th May 2018 6:12am
The red cross is by 1&2 and 3&4

[Linked Image]
Posted By: bliplandy Re: Old photos - 21st May 2018 6:16am
Just what I wanted Bertieone! Photo and map give me an idea of the location of the houses. I think 23 & 24 are under the freeway unless that is they in the background above your cross. Another relative lived in No 9 circa 1851. Your map is valuable to me. Thankyou. E
Posted By: bert1 Re: Old photos - 21st May 2018 7:17am
I think 23&24 would have been near to Blue.

[Linked Image]
© Wirral-Wikiwirral