Forums
Posted By: vampy1977 VirginMedia landline phone socket - 28th Apr 2018 3:18pm
Hi,

Hoping someone who has a Virgin Media broadband/tv/phone package can help and advise. Apparently we have a landline phone with Virgin which I only found out this week as part of my package, but no phone socket was ever originally installed, this was about 4 years ago. I assumed we had the broadband and TV only. I am thinking of cancelling my existing landline with BT, but keep the same number and move it over to Virgin. I would like to ask if anyone knows or can confirm if there should be a separate Virgin landline phone socket, as we do not have one, or do we continue using the existing BT socket. I phoned Virgin customer services twice. One said to plug into the BT socket and the other said they said they weren't sure. Great help they were.

Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Posted By: teacherSue Re: VirginMedia landline phone socket - 28th Apr 2018 3:32pm
We have Virgin Media, including phone - it's just plugged into the old BT socket.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: VirginMedia landline phone socket - 28th Apr 2018 4:12pm
Originally Posted by teacherSue
We have Virgin Media, including phone - it's just plugged into the old BT socket.

It might be a BT style socket but it should be wired to the virgin box, not the BT telephone lines.
Posted By: casper Re: VirginMedia landline phone socket - 28th Apr 2018 5:15pm
Yes ours is the old BT socket, you can check were you virgin services enter the house, its a very thin wire comes through the wall at the same point, hope this helps.
Posted By: casper Re: VirginMedia landline phone socket - 28th Apr 2018 5:19pm
Just a thought are you still paying BT?, also check your account on my virgin media your phone calls and charges will be listed on there.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: VirginMedia landline phone socket - 28th Apr 2018 11:03pm
I had Virgin phone and broadband which came down phone line but then Virgin sold out (Virgin National) part of the business to Talk Talk so lost email and internet from them. Now with Talk Talk
Posted By: Excoriator Re: VirginMedia landline phone socket - 29th Apr 2018 1:16pm
Virgin put in a new box when we switched to them. The BT one is next to it and is not used. Virgin's link gets into the house via a figure of eight cable (I think they are both co-axials) along with the broadband.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral