Forums
Posted By: Moonstar Waiting for cache - 24th Mar 2018 10:53am
Just recently I am plagued by a 'waiting for cache' message every time I move onto a new window or a new page in the same window.

I have emptied the cache, history, etc; turned everything off and back on; run the cleaner and antivirus; but it just keeps coming back. I have searched Google on the problem but there seems to be no answer to many questions on the subject.

Can someone advise please?
Posted By: Mark Re: Waiting for cache - 24th Mar 2018 11:36am
This may be a DNS issue, where your web page is trying to resolve the domain name before showing partly cached information.

The first thing I would try is restarting your router, in fact turn it off for a good 30 seconds.

If your on a WiFi connection, try moving closer to the router just for testing, and see if that improves things, as a poor signal or busy WiFi could give the same issues.

Iet us know how you get on.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Waiting for cache - 24th Mar 2018 12:55pm
Use Firefox instead of Google Chrome, cures 90% of all ailments including baldness.

Seriously though, this may be a sign that your hard drive is starting to fail. If you have any data, photos etc you want to keep, now is the time to do a back-up before its too late.

Do you log into google?

Is this on Windows 10?

Is this an HP computer?
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Waiting for cache - 24th Mar 2018 2:02pm
I turned the router off for at least a minute and then left it to sort itself out for a couple of hours. Sadly, nothing has changed. I am constantly left hanging - say - an Ebay reminder, when it eventually appears the pictures will be missing for another wait. Reminds me of the old dial up!

I am hard wired to the router using Windows 10 with Google via Sky.

When I am not actually doing anything on the laptop it chunners away as if it is servicing the whole of New Brighton.
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Waiting for cache - 24th Mar 2018 2:05pm
Not HP laptop, an Acer Aspire E15.

I will try Firefox again, have used it in the past but before this cache thing started happening.
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Waiting for cache - 24th Mar 2018 3:57pm
Having turned everything off and now downloaded the latest version of Firefox things seem to have returned to normal. Thank you for your advice, always appreciated.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral