Forums
Posted By: Dilly Phone problem - 1st Dec 2017 11:37am
Problem I am having is that while at at work on mobile data I can go on wiki wirral without any problems, but when I get home and my phone connects to my home internet and I go on wiki the page gets taken over by what I would think is scam saying I have won an asda voucher for £500 . I then have to switch my phone off to get it off, then when I switch back on I get wiki back for a few seconds and then it comes back. I have tried a spare phone that I have and that is the same. Any ideas how to cure this please ? Cheers
Posted By: Dilly Re: Phone problem - 1st Dec 2017 11:37am
Ps I'm on samsungs.
Posted By: Salmon Re: Phone problem - 1st Dec 2017 11:57am
This site may help http://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/google-android/block-ads-android-3633127/

Different cures depending on which browser you use. Good Luck.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Phone problem - 1st Dec 2017 12:21pm
Cheers Salmon, just had a quick look at that but I think that is just for blocking legitimate ad's. What I have I think could be some sort of virus because it covers the whole page and won't let me use Wiki. Thanks Dilly frown
Posted By: Habdab Re: Phone problem - 1st Dec 2017 1:54pm
Try installing Kaspersky Mobile Antivirus: AppLock & Web Security on the phone and running a scan to check for viruses. You can get it from the Play store.
Posted By: granny Re: Phone problem - 1st Dec 2017 3:00pm

It's that doll, taking revenge smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral