Forums
Posted By: diggingdeeper Taltalk Broadband Dying - 15th Nov 2017 3:40am
My talktalk fibre connections have gone down, looking around on the internet this seems to be happening all around the country bit by bit.

Not often I have problems but of course this happened just as I was about to do a large upload. Such is life.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Taltalk Broadband Dying - 15th Nov 2017 4:46am
And back again smile
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Taltalk Broadband Dying - 15th Nov 2017 5:15pm
yep. my talk talk broadband down the phone line has been very flakey last few weeks. slow when its working often intermittent.
Vodafone have just installed a huge mobile phone mast and 2 big green cabinets just up the road in Irby Village apart from it being an eyesore could that affect connections or even wifi
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Taltalk Broadband Dying - 15th Nov 2017 6:23pm
The mobile mast shouldn't have a significant affect on broadband or wifi, your own mobile signal will be a lot stronger due to its proximity.

If your (home telephone) cabinet is fairly close I'd seriously look at spending the extra bit of money on fibre, it removes all the uncertainty of the signal from the exchange to the cabinet.

The only thing you have to remember with most non-virgin fibre is to never switch the router off for less than half an hour, its actually an openreach thing which talktalk has no control over but are doing an upgrade sometime in the future. If its switched off for less than half an hour, the wizadry assumes its a dodgy signal and reduces the speed, over half an hour and it does a reset and tries for maximum speed.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral