Forums
Posted By: johncon dash cam footage - 5th Oct 2017 3:02pm
Any one know anything about dash cam footage ? I recently bought a cheap dash cam using a 32gb memory card the problem i have is that when i try to download footage on to my lap top it will download 6 or 7 of the files but then freezes and says files are corrupt !! Duff camera of Sd card ??
Posted By: Excoriator Re: dash cam footage - 5th Oct 2017 8:51pm
Swap the SD card. That should define which of the two is at fault.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: dash cam footage - 5th Oct 2017 9:46pm
Quite a few Chinese dashcams you have to format the SD card in the dashcam itself, it still works fine with a PC.

The other problem you may have is that it is a "hooky" SD card, something like a 2GB card that pretends to be a 32GB, there's a lot of scams like that, sometimes they even seem to format ok and report free space back ok but they will never store the full amount correctly. I stuff a load of pictures on them then check that windows manages to create the thumbnails for all the files which is quick and easy check. I've had my money back on a fair number of pen drives but been lucky on SD cards.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: dash cam footage - 6th Oct 2017 8:15pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
I've had my money back on a fair number of pen drives but been lucky on SD cards.

I wrote that tempting fate. Just tested a 32Gb SD card that came from ebay today, gets to 8GB and stops - its a hooky one.
Posted By: johncon Re: dash cam footage - 6th Oct 2017 9:19pm
I have learnt my lesson now . No more cheap Chinese stuff from ebay. The properties show 32gb but can only store around 2gb !! Thanks people !
© Wirral-Wikiwirral