Forums
Posted By: chris7777 ADSL socket - 24th Aug 2017 9:20am
Hi, anyone know anything about ADSL sockets? I've got a new router the power light is on,wlan is on, but not the dsl or internet light, I have tried to log into the router but it went let me. The router is zyxel amg1302-t1ob, thanks.
Posted By: casper Re: ADSL socket - 25th Aug 2017 9:43am
Hi Chris don't know anything about this particular model,you don't say whether you are fibre optic or phone line, most problems can usually be sorted by restarting your modem, checking your provider, connections etc, I have had a similar problem with my virgin hub, I did power off reconnect, reset button, and that solved it, failing that they must have a help site if you can get access.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: ADSL socket - 25th Aug 2017 5:39pm
Reset the router to defaults by pressing the reset button in for about 10 seconds while it is switched on. This will reset the router admin login to user:admin password:1234

You will have to configure the wireless settings. Depending on your ISP you may need to set the DSL login and password but it should get at least DSL sync without this being correct.

You can download the manual (if you haven't got it) from HERE
Posted By: Mark Re: ADSL socket - 26th Aug 2017 8:38pm
I think on these routers, the first thing you do is log in with the defaults, and then you get all the options, if im correct you think your working on glass.

If you can not get a log in prompt. Can you ping the router.
Posted By: chris7777 Re: ADSL socket - 28th Aug 2017 9:26am
Thanks for your reply r diggindeeper and Mark, I have tried everything and still no joy,I have been into the supplier and they are sorting out.....hopefully! I keep phoning them,I went let it rest.
Posted By: chris7777 Re: ADSL socket - 28th Aug 2017 9:36am
It's phone line,I've tried everything,nothing works, supplier is sorting it....I hope!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral