Forums
Posted By: DavidB Captain Toni's text message annoyances - 15th Jul 2017 8:38pm
I ordered a pizza a couple of months ago from Captain Toni's in birkenhead. Now I'm getting bombarded with spam text messages from them. I never asked to be sent these, I just ordered using the phone.
Replying to stop gets a message not sent message. Any ideas apart from not ordering from them again? It's a pain in the arse.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Captain Toni's text message annoyances - 15th Jul 2017 8:57pm
Ring Captain Tony'?
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Captain Toni's text message annoyances - 15th Jul 2017 9:44pm
Theres always the "New Ferry" treatment....would certainly leave the place in lots of pizzas..
Posted By: Near_Oval Re: Captain Toni's text message annoyances - 16th Jul 2017 10:26am
most organisations using that type of text approach respond to the word 'STOP' being sent by reply
Posted By: DavidB Re: Captain Toni's text message annoyances - 16th Jul 2017 2:33pm
Number they send from doesn't take replies, STOP doesn't work.
Posted By: snowhite Re: Captain Toni's text message annoyances - 16th Jul 2017 5:14pm
What about blocking the number?
Posted By: j_demo Re: Captain Toni's text message annoyances - 16th Jul 2017 11:42pm
Just go on the bounce round there and kick off.

Or block the number, one or the other.

I still think option 1 is best though.
Posted By: Near_Oval Re: Captain Toni's text message annoyances - 17th Jul 2017 1:06pm
From Ofcom site -

What can I do to stop receiving spam texts?

If you receive a text message from a sender you are familiar with, or from a shortcode (a shortcode is usually 5 digits long but can be up to 8), reply ‘STOP' to the telephone number or short code shown in the text message.

This will inform the sender that you no longer wish to receive their text messages.

However, if the text message is from an unknown sender, or from a sender you are not familiar with, we recommend you don't reply.

Responding to the text will confirm that your number is active and might actually result in you receiving more messages, or even voice calls.

Instead, you may report the text to your network operator.

To report a spam text forward the text to 7726.

You may get an automated response thanking you for the report and giving you further instructions if needed. You will not be charged for sending texts to 7726.

An easy way to remember ‘7726' is that they are the numbers on your telephone keypad that spell out the word ‘SPAM'.
Posted By: venice Re: Captain Toni's text message annoyances - 17th Jul 2017 5:24pm
Why dont you send a message in the form you would send an order, telling them what is happening, and that if it doesnt stop , you are active on FB, and local chat groups like Wiki Wirral, and will be warning people what happens when you order from them and suggesting that unless they like spam,they are better not ordering pizza from Capt Tony?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral