Forums
Posted By: venice USB to wall socket - 26th Feb 2017 1:04pm
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8...-119804416326&ref=pd_sl_31sh59g6vk_b

Im completely clueless about anything like this . Please can anyone filter out a safe brand/type of USB- wall socket connecter which can deal with a bit of variety for charging such things as bunk bed lights, basic Samsung phones, Sony camera, kindle etc ? Only really need 2 charging at a time. Safety /efficiency/suitability are the target. Thanks.
Posted By: j_demo Re: USB to wall socket - 26th Feb 2017 4:35pm
Wilko's have a double usb plug for just under a fiver. We have one in work to charge phones, dictaphones, bike lights etc and have had it like 2 years and it works fine.

I cant remember the brand name but it begins with a T
Posted By: Beethoven Re: USB to wall socket - 26th Feb 2017 4:53pm
What does "Like 2 years" mean?
Posted By: venice Re: USB to wall socket - 26th Feb 2017 5:06pm
Cheers j-demo Ill bear that one in mind if I go to town . At present really could do with ordering off Amazon - bit short on time. ( mind you ,I wonder if such things are more dodgy ordering over the internet ((Im thinking seconds))than from a store?)
Posted By: casper Re: USB to wall socket - 27th Feb 2017 9:16am
OK, venice I did a bit of research myself on this type of socket, so here's what I found out, MK and BG appeared to be the most reliable makes, you also need to consider the depth of your backbox, if I remember right you need a deep backbox for the MK, and you are right don't go for the cheapies, I am not an electrician and this is just for your information, hope this helps.

PS I didn't bother in the end
Posted By: venice Re: USB to wall socket - 27th Feb 2017 10:44am
Thanks Casper. Just realized Im talking rubbish re our own phones being basic, the ordinary chargers are all I require, its just the bunk bed lights , and a couple of other things OH has that have USB 'ends' . Will be checking out makes with safety in mind, defo.
Posted By: Habdab Re: USB to wall socket - 27th Feb 2017 2:06pm
Originally Posted by Beethoven

Like means "for" innit?

(As translated from the Big Birkenhead book of Mumble & Grunt)
Posted By: j_demo Re: USB to wall socket - 27th Feb 2017 5:46pm
Originally Posted by Habdab

Like means "for" innit?

(As translated from the Big Birkenhead book of Mumble & Grunt)

Nope. "Like" means "around" as i don't keep a track of the dates i buy small items such as that. So it could be 25 months, it could be 19 months. Both 'around' 2 years.
Posted By: Beethoven Re: USB to wall socket - 27th Feb 2017 7:20pm
Ahh, now I understand, when a child says " I was like made up" they mean they were around made up. I don't think so, it's just lazy, sloppy, ignorant use of the English language.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: USB to wall socket - 27th Feb 2017 8:13pm
I always wonder what year of English is the correct English along with which dialect. It's a living language that changes over time. Not many people use Shakespearean English.
Posted By: j_demo Re: USB to wall socket - 27th Feb 2017 8:46pm
Ahh, now I understand, when a child says " I was like made up" they mean they were around made up. I don't think so, it's just lazy, sloppy, ignorant use of the English language.

Not at all. Everyone, except you it seems, knew what i meant. Though if you're cheesed off my by trivial use of language i suggest you don't bother using the internet ever again. It will only succeed in frustrating you further.

Hope you understand that, pal.
Posted By: j_demo Re: USB to wall socket - 27th Feb 2017 8:48pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
I always wonder what year of English is the correct English along with which dialect. It's a living language that changes over time. Not many people use Shakespearean English.

Pretty much spot on. Language is a constantly evolving form of communication. We don't even use terminology from 20 or 30 years ago nevermind 200 or 300 years.
Posted By: Habdab Re: USB to wall socket - 27th Feb 2017 10:58pm
Verily I say unto thee, tis a fab n groovy lingo is it not? Youze should all learn yourselves to speak proper English like what I do.
Posted By: Beethoven Re: USB to wall socket - 27th Feb 2017 11:00pm
This is just another example of standards descending to the lowest common denominator. Perhaps we just have to accept that , unfortunately, the world will always contain people like j_demo and his ilk and we just have to like accept it like.
Posted By: casper Re: USB to wall socket - 28th Feb 2017 9:40am
I always understood like in that context meant, near to, there abouts, not exact.
Posted By: j_demo Re: USB to wall socket - 28th Feb 2017 7:52pm
Beethoven is obviously far too good for the rest of us. Once again i come back to the point that only they were unable to understand the context in which i used a simple 4 letter word.

Shame.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: USB to wall socket - 28th Feb 2017 9:17pm
Robert Louis Stevenson’s 1886 novel Kidnapped: “’What’s like wrong with him?’ said she at last.”

So "like" was used as an interjection as far back as that by one of the world's prominent authors.
Posted By: techgran Re: USB to wall socket - 4th Mar 2017 12:39pm
This is why I had such trouble translating the Stanlaw poem! S-o-o-o many meanings for each word! And then a different meaning when it's in a phrase! So Latin must have been the original 'sloppy' language.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral