Forums
Posted By: fish5133 Internet Explorer Not Working - 22nd Feb 2017 12:25am
My icon for IE no longer works or connects me to internet. The google chrome icon does as does firefox. Just seemed to stop working overnight. I normally use IE and had all my favourites listed. I suspect my lad has been tinkering trying to convert me to Google Chrome.
Tried a restore point but it only gave me yesterday as a date.

Any clues how i might get it back working

Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Internet Explorer Not Working - 22nd Feb 2017 2:39am
Which version of Windows?

Try going to the start menu - run, type in iexplore and see if it will run that way.

Microsoft Edge (on Windows 10) which has an icon similar to IE has a habit of going south.

Posted By: Excoriator Re: Internet Explorer Not Working - 22nd Feb 2017 1:29pm
IE is a pain in the arse in my opinion. Chrome or Firefox are far better.

If you decide to make the switch you can find all your IE favourites at C:/Users/[Your name]/Favourites. This is Windows 10, but you'll find them in the same place in earlier versions.
Posted By: tommybarry Re: Internet Explorer Not Working - 22nd Feb 2017 3:47pm
double click my computer...double click c drive...select program files...open internet explorer folder and try the ie exe file in that folder...if that works right click and copy it and paste on your desktop
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Internet Explorer Not Working - 22nd Feb 2017 5:43pm
Originally Posted by tommybarry
double click my computer...double click c drive...select program files...open internet explorer folder and try the ie exe file in that folder...if that works right click and copy it and paste on your desktop

Or if it exists, right-click it, choose send-to, choose desktop. this will place a shortcut to it on your desktop.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Internet Explorer Not Working - 23rd Feb 2017 1:16am
Cheers guys. Manage to sort it after finding how to use system restore.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral