Forums
Posted By: 221984 tv installation / wall mount - 2nd Feb 2017 6:39pm
Anyone recommend someone who will come and wall mount a TV in Wallasey area for a reasonable price?

I got a bracket, and it doesn't look too difficult, so may end up trying to do it myself. But my DIY track record suggests it may fall down...
Posted By: Mark Re: tv installation / wall mount - 3rd Feb 2017 8:22am
Have a go.
As long as it's level it will be fine.
If you can't pull it off the wall it will be fine.

Depends which bracket you have, but there pretty simple nower days.

Make sure your into a solid wall, or you may need to get different bolts into the wall.
Posted By: 221984 Re: tv installation / wall mount - 3rd Feb 2017 9:44pm
Yeah I'm going to try. Borrowing a drill tomorrow. Where I'm mounting it is on chimney breast I think, so should be quite solid.
Posted By: Excoriator Re: tv installation / wall mount - 4th Feb 2017 9:39am
You know about wall plugs I hope? You can't use wood screws directly into a wall.

You have to drill a hole with a tungsten carbide drill to take the plastic plug. then tap the plug into place and finally screw into that. Apologies if I'm telling my grandmother to suck eggs, but a neighbour of mine had never heard of wall plugs and tried putting up some shelves with disastrous results. Another neighbour and I did the job for him in the end.

Good luck.
Posted By: 221984 Re: tv installation / wall mount - 4th Feb 2017 4:34pm
No need to apologise, I appreciate the advice! I once attempted to mount a lamp on a wall and drilled into an electricity cable, knocking out the power to most of my flat. It was around that time I vowed to leave anything more advanced than changing a light bulb to the pros.

The mount came with a couple of different sets of fixings, depending on the wall it's going on. There are wall plugs and some pretty hefty bolts for attaching to 'solid' walls, so I'll go with those.

Only snag is I can't seem to find my ratchet set, so going to have to go with a spanner.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral