Forums
Posted By: fish5133 Facebook Account Advice - 14th Jan 2017 2:50pm
Have managed to avoid having a facebook account till now. My fishing club has set up a private facebook page? so that we can basically have a private forum between members. Our club website didn't have the facility for us to communicate.

Never set up a facebook account before and only want it to access and post between members on our clubs page.

Are there any pitfalls about privacy security to be aware of

cheers techno wizards
Posted By: Raven61 Re: Facebook Account Advice - 14th Jan 2017 4:26pm
Just make it a closed group. People will be able to see the names of members in it but cannot see posts. People have to make a request to join the group or you can invite them.
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Facebook Account Advice - 14th Jan 2017 6:20pm
I'd have nothing to do with it. Set up a free board on Proboards or similar. Easier to use, and much more appropriate to a closed group.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Facebook Account Advice - 28th Jan 2017 9:38pm
Well I had to do the dirty deed and join up. Club page and stuff was set up by a n other so have to run with it and it works fine. But Excor. I can see why you say have nothing to do with it. Suddenly you get all these list of people you might know and others even requesting to be a friend...No thanks. Quite scary how they must track data. I can see the positive side but ...
How do you play it when someone wants to friend you and you don't want to be bothered as you see that person often enough. Also rather unnerving when other people tell you personal things about your family members because they are stupid enough to post on facebook. I think there's the reason for all the problems amongst young people today..
© Wirral-Wikiwirral