Forums
Posted By: venice Sharing - 16th Dec 2016 10:11am
When I get on my pc, I notice that apart from mine, theres another two sky connections available , with four bars of reception. Got to thinking -- apart from moral issues, whats to stop neighbours just getting one deal from sky and sharing cost?
Wouldnt mean they have access to each others machines and how would a provider know you were next door and not in a different room in the purchasers house?
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: Sharing - 16th Dec 2016 10:53am
nothing stopping you, I do this with my neighbour who is family, I would only do it with them as most things now use cloud data and work off your network, and not knowing what sites your neighbour goes to or what they are downloading busted shocked I myself wouldn't feel happy doing that
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Sharing - 16th Dec 2016 11:01am
Is that the same as "Tethering". My lad goes on about it bit no idea what he means although its not allowed
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: Sharing - 16th Dec 2016 11:30am
no fish it's call piggybacking

Tethering is when you turn you smartphone into a mobile Wi-Fi hotspot and share your phones data connection. Once you've turned tethering on, any device with a wireless connection can connect to the internet via your smartphone's connection
Posted By: Salmon Re: Sharing - 16th Dec 2016 1:18pm
That will work for the internet but if you are thinking of others using Sky TV it will only work if you pay extra for multiscreen package.
Posted By: venice Re: Sharing - 16th Dec 2016 6:37pm
Originally Posted by Salmon
That will work for the internet but if you are thinking of others using Sky TV it will only work if you pay extra for multiscreen package.

Oh , I thought there must be a catch otherwise more people would be doing it !
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: Sharing - 17th Dec 2016 9:53pm
Originally Posted by Salmon
you get round this by using the sky go app wink
Posted By: Salmon Re: Sharing - 17th Dec 2016 10:45pm
Indeed but that is limited to two devices and you can only change them once per month.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral