Forums
Posted By: nidgynoo Galaxy Tab - 15th Nov 2016 12:51pm
Hi. I have a Tab which I have had no problems with until now. After been left on the battery discharged.Went to recharge it but it won't charge at all. Have tried using a Samsung charger and cable as suggested in some forums but still nothing. Any tips or help much appreciated. Thanks.
Posted By: tommybarry Re: Galaxy Tab - 15th Nov 2016 1:16pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2VJ_VRIRSI try this
Posted By: nidgynoo Re: Galaxy Tab - 15th Nov 2016 7:39pm
Thanks for the link Tommy. Tried all of it but still no joy. Will try again tomorrow. Thanks again.
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Galaxy Tab - 16th Nov 2016 9:32am
When lithium batteries get discharged beyond a certain point, they suffer damage, usually a big decrease in capacity. The tab will contain logic to detect this and switch the battery off. Unfortunately, this means it has no power to switch it on again, even for charging! I think disconnecting the battery completely must break this deadly embrace somehow. In some cases the battery itself contains the protection logic.

But you may find that, even if you can get it to charge, it will no longer hold the same charge again if a long period of discharge is the reason it switched off. A battery replacement is the only thing you can do then.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Galaxy Tab - 16th Nov 2016 1:03pm
If you do get it charge again, there is a risk of it going on fire, that is why they have the protection circuits. I don't recommend any bodges that get it back to life.
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Galaxy Tab - 16th Nov 2016 2:13pm
Batteries are always a huge pain in the arse. Best avoided if you possibly can.
Posted By: nidgynoo Re: Galaxy Tab - 19th Nov 2016 11:53am
Going to order another battery. Just need to whittle down to which ones are genuine.Any links greatly appreciated.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Galaxy Tab - 19th Nov 2016 5:33pm
Originally Posted by nidgynoo
Going to order another battery. Just need to whittle down to which ones are genuine.Any links greatly appreciated.
Any that come with a free fire extinguisher are probably genuine Samsung lamethrower
Posted By: Mark Re: Galaxy Tab - 19th Nov 2016 6:44pm
Samsung shop in Liverpool 1.
I doubt very much there are genuine ones out there..

Ive in the past ordered ones without the Samsung box, only to peel back the label to discover its a fake.

Watch out for phrases like "Genuine Replacement" which does not translate into a genuine battery.

I have found batteries and such in Samsung boxes have come back genuine. Google the battery and look for images of genuine packaging.

You may find after all that, its as cheap to invest in a new one.

Good luck on your quest smile

© Wirral-Wikiwirral