Forums
Posted By: diggingdeeper Internet Intermittent (TalkTalk?) - 18th Oct 2016 1:23pm
I don't know if other ISPs are having problems but talktalk are at the moment.

I can get into most European websites, but some USA, Iceland and some UK ones aren't happening at the moment.

Typically of talktalk, I can't get onto their site at all, the status page is invisible.

Posted By: fish5133 Re: Internet Intermittent (TalkTalk?) - 18th Oct 2016 3:52pm
Try ringing 0345 172 0088 if your home phone is with them. I often do and they do tests while your on the phone and tell you if a problem..all automated.
Are talk talk been going slow again
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: Internet Intermittent (TalkTalk?) - 18th Oct 2016 4:48pm
link
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: Internet Intermittent (TalkTalk?) - 18th Oct 2016 4:50pm
[u][/u]There internet is playing up by their webpage link
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Internet Intermittent (TalkTalk?) - 18th Oct 2016 5:02pm
Originally Posted by eddtheduck
There internet is playing up by their webpage

As I said before, I can't access the talktalk sites, their routing is completely up the creek at the moment. I can access some sites but not others, I gather its a nation-wide problem but not being able to see their status page means I have no real idea what is going on.
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: Internet Intermittent (TalkTalk?) - 18th Oct 2016 5:11pm
It says this
>
Problems accessing websites
We're aware that some of our customers are having trouble accessing secure websites.

Posted By: Habdab Re: Internet Intermittent (TalkTalk?) - 18th Oct 2016 7:40pm
It was weird when I got up this morning. I couldn't log into some sites. After futilely resetting the router and doing a system restore in case Windoze had buggered things up, I rang talktalk only to be told by an Indian gentleman that they would fix it in about 6 hours.
What a wonderful ISP. I'm still suffering the aftermath of the hack when my account and bank details were stolen. If I don't get 4 calls a week from people trying to scam me and pretending they come from talktalk, I feel cheated.
One day the real Talktalk team will ring and I'll get banned for saying what I normally say to the scammers.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Internet Intermittent (TalkTalk?) - 19th Oct 2016 9:45pm
My talk talk internet is dire again this evening. Not loading complete pages, not downloading media, buffering.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Internet Intermittent (TalkTalk?) - 19th Oct 2016 9:54pm
Originally Posted by fish5133
My talk talk internet is dire again this evening. Not loading complete pages, not downloading media, buffering.

Mine is fine.

After moaning at talktalk about the futility of publicising a status page that was unavailable - you guessed it ..... they said to check the status page.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Internet Intermittent (TalkTalk?) - 23rd Oct 2016 10:34pm
Took me about an hour to watch a 10 minute youtube clip..buffering all the time.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral