Forums
Posted By: DeanoBirko MACBOOK Screen repair - 4th Apr 2016 1:59pm
Hi there, im getting green artifacts on my macbook 2011 13". Instead of pitch black im getting bright green.

Doesnt change if I move the screen.

I have plugged an external monitor and the issue is gone so im assuming its a bad LCD or LCD connection.

Can anyone recommend a decent repairers on the wirral?

Cheers
Posted By: Mark Re: MACBOOK Screen repair - 5th Apr 2016 10:50am
You may find its not the "Screen" but the inverter, or graphic card. This maybe located on the laptop, probably near the connection under the keyboard.

The screen and external view use different connection points, and draw on different parts of the components.

I would be careful whom you take it too, as they should know what the fix is and not, we can try this and try that.

The market indoor market seems to be favourite. Various electronic stores in there.

Work out the age of the unit verses repair costs. As you can live with a monitor and it works just fine.

Hope that helps.
Posted By: DeanoBirko Re: MACBOOK Screen repair - 5th Apr 2016 12:19pm
Anyone recommend Irby Computers? Guy was pretty decent and knew what he was talking about. Im no amatuer but not brave enough to take the screen off a mac.
Posted By: Mark Re: MACBOOK Screen repair - 5th Apr 2016 4:49pm
See how much he wants to charge ?
if its a fixed fee great, you know the cost upfront.

I always say get a written receipt of whats going to be done, to fix it.
Ive heard some places want to hold the unit for ransom and then your just stick in the middle.

If he knows what he's on about then a fixed price shouldn't be a problem.
Posted By: DeanoBirko Re: MACBOOK Screen repair - 5th Apr 2016 7:53pm
Yeah he was proper sound. Gave me a quote and assured me it would the that or less. Really nice bloke. We'll see what the work is like.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral