Forums
Posted By: johncon Outlook - 25th Mar 2016 7:19pm
Hi guys is anyone else experiencing problems with Outlook Email mine has been working fine for ages but since yesterday it says failure to connect with server . I dont know if it is a problem with Outlook or my internet provider .
thanks in advance
Posted By: snowshoes Re: Outlook - 25th Mar 2016 7:29pm
Mine is fine but I am across the pond.
Posted By: Mark Re: Outlook - 25th Mar 2016 7:50pm
Originally Posted by johncon
Hi guys is anyone else experiencing problems with Outlook Email mine has been working fine for ages but since yesterday it says failure to connect with server . I dont know if it is a problem with Outlook or my internet provider .
thanks in advance

is this outlook the program for emails, or Outlook online ?
Posted By: johncon Re: Outlook - 25th Mar 2016 8:03pm
Hi Mark it is outlook 2013 email . it has been fine for a couple of years but now just says cant connect server error
Posted By: Mark Re: Outlook - 25th Mar 2016 9:13pm
File >>> Drop list.

See if its set to work offline, there is sometimes a icon bottom right.

Are you using windows 7 / 8 / 10 ??
Posted By: Mark Re: Outlook - 25th Mar 2016 9:14pm
After that, it could be your firewall.
Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: Outlook - 26th Mar 2016 12:42pm
The only issue I have been having for several weeks is that my daughters email wont work on Outlook 2007 on Win 10. It receives emails but wont send them.When I use the same setting on other laptops with same system it works fine.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Outlook - 26th Mar 2016 3:14pm
The following may be worth a try ....

In Outlook 2010, 2013, or 2016, click File.

Click the down-arrow next to Account Settings, and then Account Settings.

On the Email tab, select your account (profile), and then click Repair.

Follow the prompts in the wizard, and when you’re done, restart Outlook.
Posted By: ManxCat Re: Outlook - 28th Mar 2016 12:02pm
I use Outlook 2010 on Windows 10.

Sometime ago I received an email from MS telling users that there would a few updates to the service and I would need to reinstall my email account once they had completed things. I was having the same problems couldn't connect to their server and send any emails. For a while I had to login to the online version of my outlook. But after I reinstalled Office and readded my email account all has been working as it always did.

I did purchase Office 2016 in case MS were pushing us all use the latest version but didn't work either.

My Office 2010 pro works a treat after reinstalling.

PS Windows 10 Pro is so much better than than the free version..
© Wirral-Wikiwirral