Forums
Posted By: Lynda Son has problems with pc - 12th Feb 2016 5:10pm
Im looking for someone who can take a look at my sons pc for me, cheap as possible!

He has a quadcore intel amd with 16gb ram, and navidia gtx730 graphics card, with a military class 4 motherboard (unknown maker).

He has 7 fans including the one on the psu....and 5 of them are not working!

Can anyone suggest a solution for him please?

Cheers

Lyn
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Son has problems with pc - 12th Feb 2016 6:40pm
Has he got fan speed control knobs on the front of the PC?

Plugs have a tendency to fall out of the back of the controls, some manufacturers glue them on due to this problem.
Posted By: TheComputerLab Re: Son has problems with pc - 12th Feb 2016 10:46pm
Seems a bit overkill that's a very low powered graphics card which doesn't need seven coolers

I agree with what digging deeper said or it could be that the motherboard has some software to control the fans which is either malfunctioning or disabled.

I'm sure Marc or one of the other gurus on the forum can take a look at it for you but my suggestion is this (if you want to keep costs down that is) unplug the fans from either the board or controller as digging deeper suggested. Run a program called heavy load and see if the computer crashes if the computer doesn't crash the fans are required obviously keep a close eye on CPU and GPU temperatures.

If there is no fan controller and the fans are feeling when plugged into headers on the motherboard you could purchase separates from controller unplug that directly into the PSU. This would give you independent control of the fans
© Wirral-Wikiwirral